At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a Software Developer supporting the customer, you will be trusted to solve complex IT issues while delivering outstanding customer service. In this position you will join a small team that uses new technology to solve challenges for both the front-end and back-end architecture mainly using REACT and ultimately delivering amazing experiences for global… users. You must be a US citizen and willing to get security clearance when required.
HOW BEING A SOFTWARE DEVELOPER WILL MAKE AN IMPACT?
The developer designs and develops enterprise applications in a web environment. Develops, creates, and modifies general computer applications software or specialized utility programs. Analyzes user needs and develops software solutions. Designs software or customizes software for clients use with the aim of optimizing operational efficiency. In addition you will help:
- Build the design, development, testing, and deployment of Aircraft fatigue tracker web interface for supporting the usage-based assessments.
- Design and develop the web interface to meet customer’s branding requirements using various web interface technologies, programing scripting languages, and databases.
- Work closely with the Graphic Designer to ensure the web interface applications collaborate well with the design elements.
- Apply knowledge of Object-Oriented design patterns to develop a scalable and extendable web interface and database.
- Ensure application performance, uptime, and scale, and maintain high standards for code quality and application design.
- Work with agile development methodologies, adhering to best practices and pursuing continued learning opportunities.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED:
Education: Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, or engineering
Required Experience: 3+ years of related experience or 7+ years of experience for Advisor level
Required Technical Skills:
- Experience with REACT
- Experience in building web applications
- Knowledge of designing and integrating RESTful APIs
- Excellent debugging and optimization skills
- Experience in unit/integration testing
Security Clearance Level: Must be eligible to obtain a secret clearance
- Interest in learning new tools, languages, workflows, and philosophies
- Knowledge of PostgreSQL database management system
- Professional certification
- CompTIA IAT Level II (Security+ CE or equivalent)
US Citizenship Required
GDIT IS YOUR PLACE:
- Full-flex work week to own your priorities at work and at home
- 401K with company match
- Comprehensive health and wellness packages
- Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
- Professional growth opportunities including paid education and certifications
- Cutting-edge technology you can learn from
- Rest and recharge with paid vacation and holidays