Second Spectrum is a Sports Emmy-winning data & tech division of GENIUS SPORTS that is building the next way of seeing sports by capturing the highest quality data for many of the world’s largest leagues and federations such as the NFL, NBA, EPL, MLS, and the NCAA.
The Role: Mid-Level Rust Developer…
What You’ll Do
You will design and develop our real-time systems that deliver augmented virtual-reality-like broadcast streams to partners like Amazon, CBS, and more. Specifically, you will
- Integrate low-latency algorithms and systems, in collaboration with the Computer Vision, Artificial Intelligence, Video, and 3D Graphics teams.
- Build systems designed to ingest real-time data and video feeds from internal, broadcast, and 3rd party providers.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, and maintain highly performant cutting edge software that is both used in the cloud and on-premise machines.
- Build highly autonomous systems to scale our technology and minimize the need for manual intervention.
- Collaborate on tools and frameworks that support the developer experience and velocity across the engineering organization.
What You Have
- Proficiency with Rust and/or High-Performance Systems Languages such as C++ or Go
- Asynchronous Messaging and Streaming Protocols (Pulsar, RabbitMQ, ZeroMQ)
- Experience with designing and developing high-performance, real-time systems
- Product and Team-first mindset
- Ability to excel in a face-paced environment
- You care about your craft
- Learning and mentoring mentality
Nice To Haves
- Experience working with Video (FFMPEG, HLS, DASH, SDI, Video Codecs)
- Experience developing products and software for live events.
- Experience with 3D Graphics or Game Engines
- Experience with modern web applications and distributed systems
- Devops experience with Docker
- Experience with AWS (S3, EC2)
Our Work Environment And What You Will Benefit From
- Cutting-edge products to work on for major professional sports leagues and teams.
- Team-oriented engineering habits and software engineering best practices (readable, maintainable, and efficient code).
- Flat hierarchy and collaborative management led by experienced and strong technical leads.
- Innovative and dynamic environment, which encourages self-development and opportunities to make an impact.
- Multicultural team with employees based across several countries (e.g., Switzerland, Denmark, France, United States, China).
- Potential for Equity/Bonus, Flexible working hours, Competitive salary, Medical and dental benefits, 401k match
About Second Spectrum
- We develop a real-time video augmentation pipeline that powers the innovative content featured in products like the Emmy-winning CBS Romovision, and has also been used by ESPN, Turner Sports, BT Sport, FOX, and International NBA League Pass.
- We help teams win championships by providing the fastest high-quality tracking data and analytics software in the market, and are trusted by top tier leagues to define and power the future of tracking
As well as a competitive salary and annual leave allowance, our benefits include health insurance, skills training and much more, depending on location.
A Bit About Us
Second Spectrum is a division of Genius Sports. Genius Sports is the official data, technology and commercial partner that powers the global ecosystem connecting sports, betting and media.
Our mission is to champion a more sustainable sports data ecosystem that benefits all parties - from the rights holder all the way through to the fan.
We are the trusted partner to over 500 sports organisations globally, capturing the highest quality data for many of the world’s largest leagues and federations such as the NFL, NBA, MLB, English Premier League, Serie A, FIBA and the NCAA.
From enabling leagues to take control of their official data, to creating immersive fan experiences for sports, betting and media organisations, we are driven to the deliver the difference for our partners