In 2021, Genius Sports acquired Second Spectrum, a world leader in optical tracking and video augmentation technology. Powered by an incredibly driven and ambitious team of engineers, Second Spectrum is the number one tech to work on if you’re interested in machine learning, artificial intelligence or development engineering in sports
Rust Backend Engineer (Platform: Neptune…
Responsibilities & duties
You will design and develop our real-time and batch-processing systems that deliver analytics to partners like the NBA, Premier League, and more. Specifically, you will
- Work closely with our AI team to integrate our ever-growing and unique dataset into both internal and customer-facing applications
- Build systems designed to ingest, validate, and store both real-time and batch data
- Develop our proprietary data query engine that powers our flagship analytics product
- Build highly autonomous systems to scale our technology and minimize the need for manual intervention.
- Collaborate on tools and frameworks that support the developer experience and velocity across the engineering organization.
Required skills & experience
- Proficiency with Rust and/or High Performance Systems Languages such as C++ or Go
- Experience with designing, developing, monitoring, and debugging distributed systems
- Experience working in a cross-functional group spanning ML, Product, QA, operations, and sales
- Product and Team-first mindset
- Ability to excel in a face-paced environment
- You care about your craft
- Learning and mentoring mentality
- 3+ years of experience
Nice To Haves:
- Experience working with ETL and MapReduce frameworks
- Experience with zero-copy deserialization libraries like rkyv, Cap’n Proto, or FlatBuffers
- Experience working with asynchronous Messaging and Streaming Protocols (Pulsar, RabbitMQ, ZeroMQ)
- Experience developing products and software for live events.
- DevOps experience with Docker
- Experience with AWS (S3, EC2)
Genius Sports focuses on Gambling, Sports, Video Streaming, Online Gaming, and Data. Their company has offices in Los Angeles, New York City, Miami, London, and Santa Monica. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees.
You can view their website at http://www.geniussports.com or find them on LinkedIn