A bit about us
Do you want to join one of the world’s fastest growing sports technology companies…
Genius Sports is at the epicentre of the global network connecting sports, brands and fans through official live data. Our mission is simple. We champion a more sustainable sports data ecosystem that benefits all parties.
We’re looking for enthusiastic and ambitious people to join our talented team.
If you see yourself becoming part of a global family building the future of sports entertainment together, then come and grow with us.
We put trust in our people to deliver the difference for our clients around the world. It’s why many of the world’s largest leagues & federations such as the NFL, English Premier League, FIBA and NCAA choose to work with Genius Sports.
In 2021, Genius Sports acquired Second Spectrum, a world leader in optical tracking and video augmentation technology. Powered by an incredibly driven and ambitious team of engineers, Second Spectrum is the number one tech to work on if you’re interested in machine learning, artificial intelligence or development engineering in sports
Rust Backend Engineer (Platform: Neptune)
Responsibilities & duties
You will design and develop our real-time and batch-processing systems that deliver analytics to partners like the NBA, Premier League, and more. Specifically, you will
- Work closely with our AI team to integrate our ever-growing and unique dataset into both internal and customer-facing applications
- Build systems designed to ingest, validate, and store both real-time and batch data
- Develop our proprietary data query engine that powers our flagship analytics product
- Build highly autonomous systems to scale our technology and minimize the need for manual intervention.
- Collaborate on tools and frameworks that support the developer experience and velocity across the engineering organization.
Required skills & experience
- Proficiency with Rust and/or High Performance Systems Languages such as C++ or Go
- Experience with designing, developing, monitoring, and debugging distributed systems
- Experience working in a cross-functional group spanning ML, Product, QA, operations, and sales
- Product and Team-first mindset
- Ability to excel in a face-paced environment
- You care about your craft
- Learning and mentoring mentality
- 3+ years of experience
Nice To Haves:
- Experience working with ETL and MapReduce frameworks
- Experience with zero-copy deserialization libraries like rkyv, Cap’n Proto, or FlatBuffers
- Experience working with asynchronous Messaging and Streaming Protocols (Pulsar, RabbitMQ, ZeroMQ)
- Experience developing products and software for live events.
- DevOps experience with Docker
- Experience with AWS (S3, EC2)
What’s in it for you?
As well as a competitive salary and annual leave allowance, our benefits include health insurance, skills training and much more, depending on the location. We also offer a host of softer benefits, including many social events throughout the year such as summer and winter holiday parties, monthly team building events, sports tournaments, charity days and wellbeing activities.
How we work
We have adapted a forward-thinking ‘Ways of Working’ framework, which sets out (amongst other things) the opportunities for Geniuses to work flexibly, remotely and on working holidays. It affects different teams and locations differently, so please ask for further information in how it would work with this role.
Our employees are empowered to stretch the boundaries of what’s achievable, always reaching further and pushing the edges to see what gives. We collaborate, we innovate, and we celebrate. We will continue to grow as an organisation and continue to invest in our highly talented and diverse team of Geniuses.
Genius Sports Group is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We recognize and celebrate the benefits that a diverse and inclusive workforce bring to our business, our customers and our staff. We welcome and will consider all applications regardless of age, different abilities or disability, gender re-assignment, marriage, pregnancy, maternity, race or nationality, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation (and any other applicable status). Please let us know when you apply if you need any assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability