Second Spectrum is a Sports Emmy-winning data & tech division of GENIUS SPORTS that is building the next way of seeing sports by capturing the highest quality data for many of the world’s largest leagues and federations such as the NFL, NBA, EPL, MLS, and the NCAA.
What You’ll Do…
You will design and develop our real-time and batch-processing systems that deliver analytics to partners like the NBA, Premier League, and more. Specifically, you will
- Work closely with our AI team to integrate our ever-growing and unique dataset into both internal and customer-facing applications
- Build systems designed to ingest, validate, and store both real-time and batch data
- Develop our proprietary data query engine that powers our flagship analytics product
- Build highly autonomous systems to scale our technology and minimize the need for manual intervention.
- Collaborate on tools and frameworks that support the developer experience and velocity across the engineering organization
What You Have:
- Proficiency with Rust and/or High Performance Systems Languages such as C++ or Go
- Experience with designing, developing, monitoring, and debugging distributed systems
- Experience working in a cross-functional group spanning ML, Product, QA, operations, and sales
- Product and Team-first mindset
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment
- You care about your craft
- Learning and mentoring mentality
- 3+ years of experience
Nice To Haves:
- Experience working with ETL and MapReduce frameworks
- Experience with zero-copy deserialization libraries like rkyv, Cap’n Proto, or FlatBuffers
- Experience working with asynchronous Messaging and Streaming Protocols (Pulsar, RabbitMQ, ZeroMQ)
- Experience developing products and software for live events.
- DevOps experience with Docker
- Experience with AWS (S3, EC2)
Our Work Environment and What You Will Benefit From:
- Cutting-edge products to work on for major professional sports leagues and teams.
- Team-oriented engineering habits and software engineering best practices (readable, maintainable, and efficient code).
- Flat hierarchy and collaborative management led by experienced and strong technical leads.
- Innovative and dynamic environment, which encourages self-development and opportunities to make an impact.
- Multicultural team with employees based across several countries (e.g., Switzerland, Denmark, France, United States, China).
- Potential for Equity/Bonus, Flexible working hours, Competitive salary, Medical and dental benefits, 401k match
About Second Spectrum
- We develop a real-time video augmentation pipeline that powers the innovative content featured in products like the Emmy-winning CBS Romovision, and has also been used by ESPN, Turner Sports, BT Sport, FOX, and International NBA League Pass.
- We help teams win championships by providing the fastest high-quality tracking data and analytics software in the market, and are trusted by top tier leagues to define and power the future of tracking
As a general approach, we interview for aptitude over specific technologies or languages. Please be prepared to speak to anything listed on your resume or in your portfolio.
Genius Sports focuses on Gambling, Sports, Video Streaming, Online Gaming, and Data. Their company has offices in Los Angeles, New York City, Miami, London, and Santa Monica. They have a very large team that's between 1001-5000 employees.
You can view their website at http://www.geniussports.com or find them on LinkedIn