Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning Engineer - ELSYS - Open Rank - Hybrid
Location: Atlanta, GA
Categories: Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Software Development/Design, Data Analytics/Science
The Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning Engineer (AI/ML) position in the Applied Embedded Systems (AES) division of the Electronic Systems Laboratory (ELSYS) will support multiple research products and projects in concert with development teams who are building complex, multi-faceted embedded and electronic systems. AES is predominantly focused on the research, development, testing, and deployment of embedded electronic and electromechanical systems. These systems provide our sponsors with technological solutions in the fields of Electronic Warfare (EW), command and control, communications, avionics, entertainment, physiological monitoring, and other applications.
The AI/ML Engineer develops AI/ML algorithms and supports the development of cloud computing or heterogeneous distributed computing infrastructure to support the deployment of AI/ML applications. Additionally, the AI/ML Engineer performs research in the mathematical foundations and frameworks for nonlinear systems characterized by time-varying and emerging dynamics of evolving or adaptive systems. The AI/ML researcher works at the leading edge of Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Genetic Programming (GP), Computer Vision (CV), and advanced data processing, filtering, and fusion techniques. This work is conducted in high-performance computing and distributed heterogeneous computing environments. The AI/ML Engineer also writes parallel processing programs to deploy ML models developed by the data scientist into more complex systems. The AI/ML Engineer is familiar with state-of-the-art, open-source software frameworks and high-performance computing accelerators for machine learning and leverages the most recent advances in statistical analysis of large data sets (AI/ML) to advance state-of-the-art automated sensor and data processing for a broad range of smart and sensor enabled systems.
- Apply tools and frameworks to deploy and machine learning models
- Conduct data conditioning, processing, filtering, fusion in support of the creation of automated algorithms
- Make decisions regarding implementations based on available hardware (e.g. embedded systems, cloud, server infrastructure)
- Design application logging and perform debugging with available logs
- Develop, implement, and apply machine learning algorithms and methods to support sponsor and internal research an development projects
- Contribute to research reports, white papers, and competitive proposals
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Experience in Python (including numPy, sciPy)
- Experience with version control systems (i.e. Git)
- Familiarity with networking concepts (e.g. OSI model)
- Experience developing on/for Windows and Linux operating systems
- Active Secret Clearance
- Experience with machine learning tools such as Tensorflow, PyTorch, and Scikit-learn
- Experience in the Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning (AI/ML) domain particularly in the area of Active Learning
- Familiarity with software development and collaboration tools such as GitLab and Atlassian (Confluence, Jira, BItBucket)
- Experience working with automated testing frameworks
- Experience working with continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) pipelines
- Experience with contributing software to the Open Source community
Education and Length of Experience
Levels 2, 3
This position vacancy is an open-rank announcement. The final job offer will be dependent on candidate qualifications in alignment with Research Faculty Extension Professional ranks as outlined in section of the Georgia Tech Faculty Handbook
- 2 years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Data Science
- 0 years of related experience with a Masters' degree in Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Data Science
U.S. Citizenship Requirements
Due to our research contracts with the U.S. federal government, candidates for this position must be U.S. Citizens.
Clearance Type Required
Candidates must be able to obtain and maintain an active security clearance.
Benefits at GTRI
Comprehensive information on currently offered GTRI benefits, including Health & Welfare, Retirement Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, Time Off, and Professional Development, can be found through this link:
Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) at Georgia Tech Research Institute aims to enhance the Institute's mission of solving the world's most complex technical problems by creating a workforce with a shared appreciation for diversity, raising awareness around inclusiveness, and fostering a sense of belonging and appreciation for all members of our community.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Tech Research Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees. Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law.