STRUCTURAL ENGINEERING MANAGER
Giles Flythe Engineers, Inc. is continuing to grow and is looking for a Structural Engineering Manager for our North Carolina offices. This position will lead our company's structural engineering work for residential, commercial, and community association projects while identifying and pursuing growth opportunities. This is a unique opportunity to join a growing… team that provides you the resources to grow within a company that offers autonomy with minimal overhead.
THE WORK YOU WILL PERFORM:
- Lead multiple projects, creating schedules and ensuring projects comply with specifications, timelines, and budgets.
- Serves as the point of contact for contractors, architects, property owners, and other clients.
- Oversee and complete structural engineering designs to meet industry standards and client requirements.
- Oversee and complete structural engineering evaluations on residential and commercial projects.
- Assist property owners to solve problems and understand building and site improvements through forensic site inspections, technical reports, and repair/construction design.
- Mentor team members including providing training and oversight on various projects and reports.
- Assist in continuous improvements of processes and procedures.
- Develop relationships with existing and potential clients, associations, and business networks. No cold calling related activities.
- Administrative responsibilities including proposal creation, coordinating with clients and internal team members on projects.
�� Effectively and professionally communicate in writing and verbally with clients including property owners, contractors, engineers, and architects.
- Routine travel will be expected to project locations within the region.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL:
- Minimum seven (7) years of related engineering experience. Experience preferably in structural or forensic engineering.
- Professional Engineering license.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited engineering program.
- Strong leadership and communication skills with the ability to interact with clients on a daily basis.
- Proven ability as structural engineer of record on residential and light commercial construction projects.
- Proven technical writing and report writing skills.
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously.
- Team player attitude with the willingness to adapt and learn new responsibilities and tasks.
- Willing to perform inspections in crawl spaces, attics, basements and roofs. Must have the ability to bend, stoop, kneel, crawl, climb and balance.
- Experience using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and AutoCAD.
- Valid Driver's license with a good driving record.
ABOUT GILES FLYTHE ENGINEERS (GFE)
Giles Flythe Engineers, Inc. was founded in 2003 with a focus on evaluating buildings and site improvements. We specialize in working with property owners and community associations in problem-solving, repair/maintenance planning, pre-purchase due diligence, cost estimating, and structural design. We work with thousands of properties each year including all types of commercial real estate, high-rise condominium properties, townhome communities, and single-family residential properties. Our clients include commercial real estate investors/owners, homeowners, community associations, general contractors, and architects.
Our team has a wide range of relevant engineering experience including environmental engineering, structural engineering, site civil engineering, land development, stormwater engineering, mechanical engineering and building envelope evaluations. We have a highly collaborative culture which enables us to readily draw from the experience and expertise of our team. We embrace a decentralized leadership structure relying on empowered autonomous team members to make most decisions.
WHY WORK FOR GFE?
Giles Flythe Engineers offers a collaborative work environment with a competitive salary commensurate with experience, a clearly defined bonus plan based on individual performance. We offer health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401k, paid holidays, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, training and professional development, and gym membership reimbursement. As we continue to grow, we anticipate many future opportunities for career growth and development.
Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the U.S. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment Visa at this time