Investment banking client of ours is in need of 2 fulltime .NET developers to work remotely.
Perform all aspects of Software Development Life Cycle, including problem investigation, business analysis, design, implementation, maintenance and support as part of a technology team focused on support of our Investment Management organization…
The candidate should possess strong analytical ability, excellent verbal/written communication skills and hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or similar curriculum.
Financial services experience is desired but not required. This is an excellent opportunity to break into financial services, work with Portfolio Managers and learn extensively about capital markets.
MAJOR ACCOUNTABILITIES: Developer will be involved in implementation of longer-term project as well as smaller project tasks. The ability to multi-task is essential.
- The developer will need to be able to work independently and within a small team.
- The developer is expected to build a strong rapport with the investment teams, operations personnel and information technology team members.
- The ideal candidate must be flexible and have strong verbal and written communication skills to facilitate prompt problem resolution.
- This role includes business day user support for applications developed and supported by our team. The ideal candidate will be able to quickly understand how each application functions in order to troubleshoot issues, determine appropriate resolution and communicate resolution clearly with our customer base which includes portfolio managers, investment professionals and operations staff.
- This role involves being included in an overnight processing support rotation to support processes loading financial information overnight that is required for the start of the business day. The candidate would be on call on a periodic rotation basis.
- This role includes not just development but also help in creating appropriate test plans, and working directly with customers to determine requirements and solutions for tasks.
EDUCATION, TECHNICAL KNOWLDEGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:BS Degree in Computer Science or similar curriculum.
- Between 4-7 years of application development experience.
- Relational database development experience is required, including strong database design, implementation, SQL query skills. Microsoft SQL Server is preferred (MS SQL 2019/2016/2012).
- Preferred 3+ years working with other Microsoft Development tools, including TFS, C#.NET, and/or ASP.NET MVC (4 or newer is a plus).
- Preferred knowledge of and experience implementing applications using the MVC architectural pattern.
- Experience supporting job processing streams and scheduling environment is required.
- Experience working in an Agile scrum development environment is desired but not required.
- Experience with Python, Power BI, Microsoft Azure Cloud Technology is a plus