Govini is the leading Commercial Data company in the Defense Technology space. Built by Govini, Ark.ai is used at scale across the National Security sector of the U.S. federal government. This platform enables government analysts, program managers, and decision-makers to gain unprecedented visibility into the Companies, Capabilities, and Capital in National Security to solve… challenges pertaining to Acquisition, Foreign Influence & Adversarial Capital, Nuclear Modernization, Procurement, Science & Technology, and Supply Chain. Govini has offices in Arlington, Virginia, San Francisco, California, and Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
We are seeking an inquisitive data scientist to join our team and work with our various datasets to find connections, knowledge, and potential issues in order to help our government clients make more informed decisions.
Your role on the Data Science team will be primarily focused on our large datasets, and you will design and implement scalable statistical systems based on your analysis. You will have the opportunity to expand and grow data-driven research across Govini, and lead new areas to apply advanced analytics to drive business results.
We need a creative, out-of-the-box thinker who shares our passion and obsession with quality. As part of our team, you must be a data nerd with a strong understanding of the various fundamentals of data science and analysis and know how to bring data to life.
This is a full-time team member position, working in the office at our Pittsburgh, PA location.
Scope of Responsibilities
- Design experiments, test hypotheses, and build models for advanced data analysis and complex algorithms
- Apply advanced statistical and predictive modeling techniques to build, maintain, and improve multiple real-time decision systems
- Make strategic recommendations on data collection, integration, and retention requirements, incorporating business requirements and knowledge of data industry best practices
- Model and frame business scenarios that are meaningful and which impact critical processes and decisions; transform, standardize, and integrate datasets for client use cases
- Convert custom, complex and manual client data analysis tasks into repeatable, configurable processes for consistent and scalable use within the Govini SaaS platform
- Optimize processes for maximum speed, performance, and accuracy; craft clean, testable, and maintainable code
- Partner with internal Govini business analysts and external client teams to seek out the best solutions regarding data-driven problem solving
- Participate in end-to-end software development, on an agile team in a scrum process, collaborating closely with fellow software, machine learning, data, and QA engineers
��� In order to do this job well, you must be a highly organized problem-solver and possess excellent oral and written communication skills. You are independent, driven, and motivated to jump in and roll up your sleeves to get the job done. You lead by influence and motivation. You have a passion for great work and nothing less than your best will do. You share our intolerance of mediocrity. You're uber-smart, challenged by figuring things out and producing simple solutions to complex problems. Knowing there are always multiple answers to a problem, you know how to engage in a constructive dialogue to find the best path forward. You're scrappy. We like scrappy.
US Citizenship is Required
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related field; Master's or PhD preferred
- Minimum 3 years hands-on data science experience
- Minimum 3 years deriving key insights and KPIs for external and internal customers
- Regular development experience in Python
- Prior hands-on experience working with data-driven analytics
- Proven ability to develop solutions to loosely defined business problems by leveraging pattern detection over large datasets
- Proficiency in statistical analysis, quantitative analytics, forecasting/predictive analytics, multivariate testing, and optimization algorithms
- Experience using machine learning algorithms (e.g., gradient-boosted machines, neural networks)
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- A burning desire to work in a challenging fast-paced environment
- Experience working on agile/scrum teams
- Experience building datasets from common database tools using flavors of SQL
- Expertise with automation and streaming data
- Experience with major NLP frameworks (spaCy, fasttext, BERT)Familiarity with big data frameworks (e.g., HDFS, Spark) and AWS
- Familiarity with Git source control management
- Experience working in a product organization
- Experience analyzing financial, supply chain/logistics, or intellectual property data
- Experience in or exposure to the nuances of a startup or other entrepreneurial environment
We firmly believe that past performance is the best indicator of future performance. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, have a bias toward action, and care about solving technical problems in the national security domain, we're eager to hear from you.
Govini is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply for this job