Manager, Software Engineering, San Francisco Bay Area (San Jose, CA)
Hanwha Vision America (HVA) is an affiliate of the Hanwha Group, a Fortune Global 500 company. HVA is an industry-leading provider of advanced network video surveillance and access control products. We're changing the physical security industry through the development of integrated solutions that use artificial intelligence to… unify video surveillance, access control and other sensors into a complete seamless solution that gives customers both situational awareness and actionable intelligence.
Join our brand new innovation center in San Jose, CA and become part of the team building new intelligent surveillance solutions that will be used globally to secure people, property, and data across a range of industries including retail, transportation, education, banking, healthcare, hospitality, airports, and more. This is a great opportunity to join the team at the ground level and shape the future of our products and culture. We have the creative drive of a startup, but unlike a startup, we have the resources to do great things now.
Are you passionate about the intersection of cloud computing, the Internet-of-Things (IoT), video streaming, and AI/ML-based analytics? Are you an experienced hands-on engineering manager with experience building large-scale enterprise solutions that bring together IoT devices, video, and data? Are you a natural leader who is also comfortable diving deep into complex technical issues with engineers? Read on and hit that Apply button!
As a Manager of Software Engineering, you will lead a team of engineers and work with other Engineering teams to define and deliver innovative software solutions for the physical security industry. This position is based in our new Software R&D Innovation Center located in the San Francisco Bay Area (San Jose, CA)
- Provide hands-on leadership for a team of software engineers to design, develop, and deliver continuous releases of our products in an Agile environment.
- Responsible for the on-time delivery of agreed-upon scope while meeting non-functional goals.
- Evangelize the importance of reliability, security, performance, scalability, operational readiness, and managing technical debt to others in the organization. Collaborate with Product Management to balance work in these areas with work on new features.
- Maximize engineering team velocity by removing barriers and reducing team context-switching. Establish engineering best practices and standards within the team to drive quality and excellence.
- Recruit, develop, and retain top engineering talent. Mentor engineers, helping them improve their skills and grow their careers.
- Maintain the values of the team which include engineering excellence, collaboration, curiosity, a bias for action, and driving initiatives to completion.
- Stay up to date with technology and industry trends to continually drive innovation in our architecture, technology choices, development practices, and products.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 7+ years of experience building large-scale enterprise products, including 2+ years of technical leadership experience in a people management and team supervisory role.
- Consistent track record delivering complex projects in an Agile development environment.
- Track record of successfully recruiting, developing, mentoring, and retaining top technical talent.
- Experience with cloud-based video surveillance/streaming, IoT, AI/ML, and analytics.
- Comprehensive knowledge of cloud-based software architectures, streaming data processing, and the challenges of building applications for the edge.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- No candidate will meet every single desired qualification. If you think you can bring value to the role, we'd love to learn more about you!
- Be an analytical and strategic thinker with communication skills to express clearly and concisely with technical and non-technical audience.
- Leadership skills where your colleagues admire your support and guidance.
- Highly detail-oriented, deadline-driven, and able to embrace change for a fast-growing organization.
- Possess uncompromising ethics and unwavering integrity.
- Champion of high standards, pushes for progress, embraces change, and challenges the status quo.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and driven to make an impact