Do you thrive on working on the cutting edge? Working with innovators in the early stages of ideas and products? Are you technologically savvy and forward-thinker? Would you enjoy using your software development skills to deliver world-class applications? Would you like to make an impact on the experience of millions of Humana members…
The team is organized around a product and is empowered to do the job. We co-create with our end-users and follow human-centered design approach and agile development practices. It's a distributed onshore/nearshore/offshore team that operates remotely, working Eastern Standard Time hours.
Our front-end web apps are written in React, and our back-end services are built using Java/Spring Boot. We use a modern development process with continuous integration, continuous deployment, feature flags, automated testing, and vulnerability scanning. We ship in small increments, and we ship often. Apps and services are deployed in Azure Cloud.
The Sr. Software Engineer codes software applications based on business requirements. The Sr. Software Engineer work assignments are varied and frequently require interpretation and independent determination of the appropriate courses of action.
The Sr. Software Engineer standardizes the quality assurance procedure for software. Oversees testing and debugging and develops fixes. Research and makes necessary adjustments and/or recommendations to resolve complex software related issues. Understands department, segment, and organizational strategy and operating objectives, including their linkages to related areas. Makes decisions regarding own work methods, occasionally in ambiguous situations, and requires minimal direction, mentors' junior engineers. Follows established guidelines/procedures.
- 5+ yrs of experience with frontend application development.
- Good understanding of API's, Microservices Architecture, Testing Automation.
- Must have knowledge of the branching & merging strategies, commits, and pull requests.
- Must have experience performing code reviews and mentoring junior developers.
- Proactive problem resolution, ability to work in a fast-paced multi-partner environment
- Manage priorities, timelines, and deliverables, all-hands on deck contributor
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field
- Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences.
- Strong analytical and reasoning skills with an ability to visualize processes and outcomes. Strategic thinker with strong analytic and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in troubleshooting software issues and debugging complex codebase. Experience with performance profiling and optimization
- Outstanding all-round communication skills and ability to work collaboratively
- Experience designing and building front-end and API solutions
- Experience with cloud native solutions in public and hybrid cloud environment
- Demonstrable experience with modern software development process, principles, and practices (continuous integration/continuous delivery, change management and version control, test-driven development, automated testing, peer-reviewed code)
- Deep understanding of agile principles and how they can be flexibly applied
- A passion for solving problems and providing workable solutions
- Experience working on cross-functional/balanced product aligned teams
- Experience with human-centered design approach
- Healthcare business experience
- Experience working with remote distributed teams
- Master's Degree
To ensure Home or Hybrid Home/Office associates' ability to work effectively, the self-provided internet service of Home or Hybrid Home/Office associates must meet the following criteria:
- At minimum, a download speed of 25 Mbps and an upload speed of 10 Mbps is recommended; wireless, wired cable or DSL connection is suggested
- Satellite, cellular and microwave connection can be used only if approved by leadership
- Associates who live and work from Home in the state of California, Illinois, Montana, or South Dakota will be provided a bi-weekly payment for their internet expense.
- Humana will provide Home or Hybrid Home/Office associates with telephone equipment appropriate to meet the business requirements for their position/job.
- Work from a dedicated space lacking ongoing interruptions to protect member PHI / HIPAA information
This is a remote position
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Humana complies with all applicable federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion. We also provide free language interpreter services. See our https://www.humana.com/legal/accessibility-resources?source=Humana_Website