As a Clinical Data Scientist you will be joining the world’s largest & most comprehensive clinical research organisation, powered by healthcare intelligence.This position the clinical drug research and development process by providing strategic planning and execution, including data transformation and all aspects of descriptive, diagnostic, predictive and prescriptive analytics of data… related to clinical projects like actual trial data, registries and real-world data bases. In particular, this includes the provision of analytics tools, outputs and inference as necessary for the specific use case.
What you will be doing:
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) / Process Lead for designing as well as transforming, analyzing and reporting complex phase I-IV clinical trials that represent new challenges and for which project and therapeutic knowledge is not given, such as mega trials or new indications and for complex international R&D projects.
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) / Process Lead for designing as well as transforming, analyzing and reporting of other data that represent new challenges from research and development like registries and real-world data bases.
- Identify trends in data science within and outside of sponsor. Initiate and Turn derived insights into new data science approaches relevant for clinical development.
- Present compelling validated stories regarding complex data science aspects
- Ensure data transformation and analysis specifications to ensure completeness, correctness and adherence to department guidelines and SOPs as well as to applicable GxP requirements.
- Lead/Guide other colleagues, internal and external customer and external providers on data science related tasks.
- Lead cross-functional internal working-groups and drive/plan relevant data science aspects.
- Participate in external working groups.
- If applicable, supports the clinical drug development process as a Data Science Product Owner up to the level of Therapeutic Area/assets.
- Facilitates and ensures cross-functional and team-based working within Data Science and with the rest of the company. Fulfils tasks of other functions as needed and possible. Contributes to cross-functional- and team-based thinking.
- Fosters innovative digital approaches to produce sophisticated, intelligent optimization solutions, innovative processes and predictive models.
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) from an accredited institution in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or related field (Psychology, Data Science, Finance, etc.), with a minimum of six (6) years of data science experience; Or
- Master of Science (MSc) from an accredited institution in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or related field (Psychology, Data Science, Finance, etc.), with four (4) years of experience within the pharmaceutical industry, CROs, regulatory authorities or academic institutions; Or
- Doctoral Degree (PhD) from an accredited institution in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or related field (Psychology, Data Science, Finance, etc.), with two (2) years of experience within the pharmaceutical industry, CROs, regulatory authorities or academic institutions.
- Comprehensive knowledge and advanced experience in software languages relevant for business needs. (ie Python, R)
- Developed visualizations in numerous tools such as Spotfire, Tableau, Power BI.
- Comprehensive knowledge and advanced experience in understanding of clinical trial development process required.
- Experience from POC to Productionizing of Customized AI solutions leveraging open source tools, OTS solutions from AWS/ Google/ Azure.
- Led cross functional teams across all areas of Data Analytics and Data delivery models including big data, data warehouse, on-prem and cloud, business intelligence and visual analytics.
- Broad knowledge and advanced project lead experience required.
- Experience in agile project methods.
- Understanding and applying key of principles of data science.
- Demonstrated comprehensive knowledge in planning, transforming, analyzing, interpreting, and reporting data in complex situations that represent new challenges and for which project and therapeutic knowledge is not given.
- Excellent knowledge of statistical methodology, design of clinical trials or clinical experiments, basic medical terminology and on processing clinical trial information.
- Advanced understanding of cutting-edge statistical concepts related to Data Science.
- Ability to develop and deliver training related to data science topics.
- Evidence of strong teamwork, also in global and remote context.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with people, internally and externally (e.g. CROs, experts, management).
- Ability to pro-actively identify issues and solutions and to interact with internal and external bodies on routine data science issues.
Our focus is to provide you with a comprehensive and competitive total reward package that comprises, not only an excellent level of base pay, but also a wide range of variable pay and recognition programs. In addition, our best in class employee benefits, supportive policies and wellbeing initiatives are tailored to support you and your family at all stages of your career - both now, and into the future.
Our success depends on the knowledge, capabilities and quality of our people. That’s why we are committed to developing our employees in a continuous learning culture – one where we challenge you with engaging work and where every experience adds to your professional development.
ICON, including subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity and inclusive employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please let us know.
Interested in the role, but unsure if you meet all of the requirements? We would encourage you to apply regardless – there’s every chance you’re exactly what we’re looking for here at ICON whether it is for this or other roles