IntelliBridge is looking for a Ruby on Rails Developer to be part of a growing team in the federal sector.
This candidate must have excellent written and oral communication skills and be adaptive to the changing needs of the organization. This candidate must have experience with building and maintaining highly effective relationships with team members and multiple stakeholders across multiple… projects. The Developer shall be responsible for the development, testing, and maintenance of applications utilizing Ruby on Rails and related technologies.
- Provide support for the full life cycle of software product development
- Design, create and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Ruby code
- Integrate user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server-side logic
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and configuration management activities.
- Conduct software testing to ensure the satisfaction of application development requirements
- Evaluate new software products and technologies, and provide recommendations to enhance existing systems
- Document software procedures and develop software reports, plans, and products, such as software development plans, software requirements specifications, software design documents, software development files, source code, version description documents, and test plans.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 5+ years of experience in software development
- 5 years of experience with Ruby as a programming platform to develop multi-tier web-based applications
- Understanding of Ruby on Rails Best Practices
- Experience with consumption and creation of REST based APIs in Rails.
- Commitment to solid test coverage using tools like Cucumber, RSpec, Cypress, Capybara, Watir, or MiniTest
- Experience working within proper Software Configuration Management processes, utilizing source code control, and change management software
- Experience working in Agile environments
- Must be a US Citizen and be able to pass an extensive background investigation for a security clearance.
Location: Washington D.C. Metro Area
Nice to Have:
- Infrastructure experience: AWS, Red Hat Linux.
- Knowledge of: Git, GitHub
- Front End Development: React, Angular, or Vue
- Active Public Trust Clearance
We are driven by our commitment to our clients and to our employees. If you are looking for a new opportunity, we would love to have you join our team!
Alethix , LLC is a growing company. We are a leading-edge Information Infrastructure Transformation Services company committed to delivering agile and effective solutions by leveraging the latest technology innovations and industry best practices.
Our team leverages decades of past experience across U.S. federal agencies and the commercial sector to deliver practical solutions to meet the business- and mission-critical challenges of our clients.
Every project we undertake is guided by our methodology of success. This proven methodology focuses on understanding our clients’ business needs, developing strategic solutions, incorporating evolving requirements throughout implementation, and delivering quality and cost-effective solutions.
Alethix, LLC uses E-Verify to validate all new hires' ability to legally work in the United States. Alethix, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law