As a Data Engineering Manager for INVISTA, you will lead a global team of data engineers to create modern, sustainable solutions to accelerate value delivery towards INVISTA’s Transformation vision and journey by developing and delivering strategic data assets…
Who You Are
You are a self-driven, passionate, hands-on individual, with an execution track record for delivering high-quality data applications. You thrive in an agile development environment with the ability to guide and make rapid decisions. You are comfortable with ambiguity, driving clear action plans for your team to develop the right data engineering solutions. You are adept at solving technical problems and removing roadblocks so your team can focus on delivering projects. You enjoy coaching, mentoring, and developing a strong data engineering team and do not shy away from providing tough feedback conversations when needed. You have experience working with a diverse group of cross functional peers – data strategy, data governance, data science, architecture, and business stakeholders influencing and driving overall technical direction and decision making.
What You Will Do
- Lead, Inspire, Coach, and Develop a high performing capability of data engineers.
- Partner with Data Science, Data Governance, Architecture, and Engagement Leaders to fulfill data engineering deliverables.
- Own engineering standards, frameworks, practices, processes, etc. and drive team alignment and hands-on execution.
- Contribute to data architecture and platform strategy on behalf of data engineering through a collaborative challenge process and hands on development.
- Build relationships across Koch with other data engineering capabilities to share knowledge, drive communities of practice, and evangelize strategy.
Who You Are (Basic Qualifications)
- Experience with modern architecture patterns, data warehousing methodologies, cloud solutioning, ETL/ELT, DevOps, DataOps, principles/frameworks, semantic layers, access management patterns, etc.
- Experience working with large data sets (terabytes and larger) in a data ecosystem with emphasis on data reliability and availability.
- Experience in developing and maintaining Data Engineering and Data Warehousing components as part of Advance Analytics solutions.
- Experience working with cloud environments such as AWS Storage and Database services (S3, EC2, RDS, Redshift, Snowflake, Arora), Computing (Lambda, EMR) and serverless services (Glue, Athena) or similar other cloud components and services.
- Experience with Git, DevOps, and CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience with SQL, developing, deploying, data modelling and data pipelines on AWS or similar other cloud environments.
- Experience supervising or leading a team
What Will Put You Ahead
- Experience developing and deploying modern data architecture patterns, data warehousing methodologies, cloud solutioning, ETL/ELT, DevOps, DataOps, etc. principles/frameworks, semantic layers, access management patterns, etc.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate's knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
All Koch companies value diversity of thought, perspectives, aptitudes, experiences, and backgrounds. We are Military Ready and Second Chance employers. Learn more about our hiring philosophy here.
Who We Are
As a Koch company, INVISTA has a long history of working to make the world around you a better place. From parts for the automotive industry to medical equipment, air bags, food packaging and clothing, our ingredients in the nylon 6,6 and polypropylene value chains help bring many of life’s essential products to market.
At Koch, employees are empowered to do what they do best to make life better. Learn how our business philosophy helps employees unleash their potential while creating value for themselves and the company.
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test. This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: http://www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf