We are searching for an experienced Software Engineer – Rust to join exciting projects. The first, Catalyst, is the largest decentralized innovation fund in the world, with thousands of participants proposing, reviewing, voting on, and implementing innovative ideas.
Catalyst uses cutting-edge techniques such as collective intelligence, game theory, sense-making, and collaboration and… decision-making. The aim is to launch projects while measuring outcomes and rapidly improving to achieve the best processes to translate the wisdom of crowds into tangible value by bringing products and services to life.
The second project is the Ethereum virtual machine (EVM). The aim of the EVM as a service project is to enable the execution of Ethereum-style contracts in the Cardano ecosystem. The project will provide the capability to execute smart contracts developed for Ethereum on a proof-of-stake sidechain with easy transfer of assets from and to the Cardano blockchain.
Our blockchain engineers, app developers, theorists, and community managers are working together in a start-up-like environment to add collaboration tools to human processes and create a friendly and engaging experience.
- Follow agile software development practices
- Work with teams across time zones
- Work independently on software development tasks
- Be proactive and require minimal supervision or mentoring to complete tasks
- Review specifications produced by architects and formal methods specialists
- Contribute to the design of algorithms
- Write clean, straightforward, efficient code that satisfies acceptance criteria and specifications
- Commit often and submit small pull requests frequently
- Cover your code with unit, property, and integration tests when applicable
- Review the pull requests of your team members
- Fix bugs in your own code and in legacy code from others
- Be available for emergency fixing of severe issues on deployed products
- Integrate software components and third-party libraries
- Verify and deploy programs and systems
- Troubleshoot, debug, and upgrade software
- Write documentation for your code
- Write technical user manuals
- Develop your knowledge of distributed and concurrent computation
- Develop your knowledge of the basics of cryptography.
- A degree in computer science is desirable but not essential
- A minimum of 3 years of industrial/commercial development
- Ideally, one to two years’ development experience using Rust. If you have experience in C/C++ or other languages and demonstrate good knowledge of Rust (professional or otherwise), you will also be considered
- Experience working with Git and Git workflow
- Practical experience with agile software development methods
- Knowledge of functional and polymorphism programming paradigms
- Distributed system and network development, knowledge of asynchronous programming paradigms, especially as applied to Rust
- Skilled in software development methods such as agile programming and test-driven development
- Good to have: System programming experience; you’ll have strong experience in system development (ideally in Rust, but relevant experience in C/C++ will be considered)
- Experience in developing cryptography protocols would be a bonus, as would blockchain experience.
IOG is a fully distributed organization and therefore this is a remote position.
- Flexible schedule
- Remote work - ability to work anywhere
- Laptop reimbursement
- New starter package to buy hardware essentials (headphones, monitor, etc)
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Competitive PTO and Sick Leave plan
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits coverage through Anthem with 100% premium cost covered by IO Global for the employee and dependents
- Health Savings Account
- Life Insurance
- Monthly Health Stipend to use towards any wellness or medical coverage/service