We are an inclusive community welcoming members of all backgrounds, shapes and sizes. We want Jasmine to be where we do the best work of our lives. We work flexibly and autonomously, trusting one another to deliver world class results…
At Jasmine, we are building the infrastructure to accelerate the green transition.
In the next 50 years, we need to build enough clean energy infrastructure to not only completely decarbonize our electrical grid, and accommodate the rapid electrification of the global economy, but also to enable the ambitions and flourishing of everyone on the planet.
But there’s a problem with how clean energy development is financed. One of the most valuable assets created by carbon-free energy generators are “energy attribute certificates” (EACs). Many generators make more revenue selling EACs than selling energy. Companies and governments buy EACs as a core part of meeting their environmental objectives.
Today, EACs are bought and sold over-the-counter in one-off negotiated deals. These opaque illiquid markets mean that (1) generators do not know the value of their EACs, (2) many companies and individuals are excluded from participating, and (3) a majority of the value is extracted by financial middlemen.
Jasmine is enabling a web3 regenerative finance (ReFi) ecosystem, by bridging energy attribute certificates onto the blockchain and pooling them in standardized categories. These will create the first globally accessible and liquid market for energy attribute certificates. Working with T1 DeFi protocols and the ReFi community we enable energy attribute tokens to be used as collateral, yields and money, as well as a huge range of novel applications.
We are just getting started, and need top talent that want maximum leverage in accelerating the green transition.
This is where you come in!
As our new Senior Solidity Developer, you will join a team of experienced developers in building out Jasmines bridging and pooling infrastructure to develop new DeFi primitives that connect to web3 regenerative finance.
Your responsibilities will include the following:
You will be working in a highly collaborative agile team and involved in all aspects of the product's development
You will be expected, within a short ramp-up period, to make major contributions to the product’s development across the full stack
- You will contribute to the requirements (tech specs) drafting / analysis.
- Where appropriate you may coach / mentor other members of the development team.
- Assist in building and maintaining the product's CI/CD pipeline
- Contribute high quality and well-tested Solidity code, including smart contract development using Hardhat
You most likely have the following:
- 6+ years experience in software development
- 1+ years experience in Solidity development with a track record of projects deployed to an EVM mainnet
- Experience with Ethereum development tools (e.g. unit testing, Open Zeppelin, ethers.js, Hardhat)
- Strong knowledge of EVM internals
- Experience building ERC20, ERC721, and ERC1155 smart contracts
- Experienced in DevOps and CI/CD, and deployment systems
- Deep understanding of git, best practices in repo management and ownership of tasks in a lean, kanban-based workflow
- Good availability in time zones UTC-4 to UTC-7
This said, if you feel you are a great candidate but don't tick every box, please don't hesitate to reach out to our team