Janssen Research & Development (“JRD”), a Johnson & Johnson company, is recruiting for a Scientist, Data Science . The primary location for this position is flexible – either; Titusville, NJ; Raritan, NJ; Spring House, PA; Cambridge, MA; New York City, NY; San Diego, CA; South San Francisco, CA; remote may also be considered with up to 10% travel.
Janssen develops treatments that improve the… health of people worldwide. Research and development areas encompass oncology, cardiovascular and metabolic disorders, immunology, pulmonary hypertension, neuroscience, and infectious disease. Our goal is to help people live longer, healthier lives. We have produced and marketed many first-in-class prescription medications and are poised to serve the broad needs of the healthcare market – from patients to practitioners and from clinics to hospitals. To learn more about Janssen, one of the Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, visit https://www.janssen.com/us/.
The R&D Data Science Analytics & Insights team within Janssen develops innovative solutions leveraging a variety of different data sources across multiple disease areas in support of Janssen’s key clinical programs. Successful candidates will develop cutting-edge methodologies to develop RWD-based solutions to enable disease insights, improve patient outcomes, and enhance clinical development. The Scientist will work closely with strategic partners within Data Science and multi-disciplinary teams within Janssen R&D to develop and deploy cutting-edge solutions to our clinical programs.
- Conceive, contribute, and implement the development of artificial intelligence/machine learning models in health and healthcare (e.g., disease identification, patient stratification, disease progression, simulations, forecasting) based on RWD that will provide key insights on our pipeline assets.
- Leverage emerging scientific and technological developments to generate new research ideas, solutions and initiatives using real-world data (electronic health records, insurance claims, others)
- Deliver scalable machine learning solutions and insights to impact functions and therapeutic areas within R&D and participate in cross-functional collaborations with internal scientific and data science teams, and external companies.
- Shape internal and external collaborations and define the scope of research questions.
- Closely partner with the Data Science Portfolio Management and Therapeutic Area teams to execute on the priorities, building a roadmap to deliver the projects and present to senior cross-functional leaders.
- Be a hands-on technical leader among the Data Science team, helping institute best practices while crafting a data-driven culture, working alongside a robust team of data scientists, bringing fresh perspectives and scientific rigor across Data Science projects and therapeutic areas.
- Clearly articulate highly technical methods and results to diverse audiences and partners to drive decision-making