The Infatuation is looking for an Engineering Manager to join the Enablement team. This team is made up of staff engineers, both in-house and contractors, who are responsible for enabling product feature teams. This means laying down the foundation and patterns for new technologies and microservices that will eventually be leveraged by feature teams. You'll spend most of your time coaching in… 1:1s, code reviewing, mentoring, and optimizing output by understanding the strengths and areas of development of the team you manage. You will also work closely with the Product Manager in laying out the team's quarterly goals and overseeing the execution on a sprint-by-sprint basis. Given the technical nature of this team, you should have a breadth of technical experience though there's no expectation of heavy contribution to the codebase. This role will report to our VP of Engineering.
- Manage a team of external engineers across multiple time zones, coaching them and helping them to problem solve on a daily basis. Set direction for the team, anticipating strategic and scaling-related challenges.
- Handle multiple, independent streams of work across different areas of the product & tech stack. Take initiative in communicating project updates as they impact the engineering and product org as a whole.
- Understand business needs and the relation of engineering efforts in working towards them.
- Collaborate with technical lead, VP of Engineering, and other Engineering Managers on technical decisions and ensure proper execution .
- Grow the technical expertise of your team around quality, scalability, and performance.
- Have an understanding of the big picture architecture and technology we use.
- Maintain a high-quality code base and participate in code reviews
Required Qualifications, Capabilities, and Skills:
- You are a skilled full-stack software engineer comfortable with backend and frontend technologies and have been working in a production environment for 6+ years.
- You have at least 4+ years of engineering management experience - leading, coaching, mentoring, and problem solving.
- You have a large-scale web or mobile experience in an agile development environment.
- You are empathetic, curious, and pragmatic.
- You are constantly learning and re-evaluating previous assumptions.
- You are comfortable managing different personalities and working styles, in order to promote an inclusive, productive work environment.
- Experience with React/Typescript/NextJS, React Native/Typescript, Golang, Google Cloud Platform or similar modern technologies
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The health and safety of our colleagues, candidates, clients and communities has been a top priority in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. JPMorgan Chase was awarded the "WELL Health-Safety Rating" for all of our 6,200 locations globally based on our operational policies, maintenance protocols, stakeholder engagement and emergency plans to address a post-COVID-19 environment.
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. Employees are expected to follow the Firm's current COVID-19 or other infectious disease health and safety requirements, including local requirements. Requirements include sharing information including your vaccine card in the firm's vaccine record tool, and may include mask wearing. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. JPMorgan Chase will consider accommodation requests as required by applicable law.
We offer a competitive total rewards package including base salary determined based on the role, experience, skill set, and location. For those in eligible roles, discretionary incentive compensation which may be awarded in recognition of individual achievements and contributions. We also offer a range of benefits and programs to meet employee needs, based on eligibility. These benefits include comprehensive health care coverage, on-site health and wellness centers, a retirement savings plan, backup childcare, tuition reimbursement, mental health support, financial coaching and more. Additional details about total compensation and benefits will be provided during the hiring process.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
New York,NY $137,750.00 - $225,000.00 / year; CT $137,750.00 - $225,000.00 / year; NJ $137,750.00 - $225,000.00 / year; WA $137,750.00 - $225,000.00 / year; CA $137,750.00 - $225,000.00 / year; RI $118,750.00 - $200,000.00 / year; CO $118,750.00 - $200,000.00 / year; NV $118,750.00 - $200,000.00 / year