KBR is seeking a Data Scientist to join our Team! In this role, you will be responsible for the collection and analysis of statistics and information that identifies trends to gain maximum insight for force design alongside wargaming solutions.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Utilizes modern machine learning and data science techniques.
- Responsible for gathering/using data captured from wargaming tools to analyze/determine a scenario’s underlying cause and effect.
- Responsible for strategic optimization, and outcome forecasting.
- Utilizes event exports from complex wargaming simulations to create large datasets in millions of rows.
- Mines data to extract deeper strategical understanding.
- Guides the analysts toward an optimum strategy; Allows analysts to efficiently, and non-programmatically, visualize the event export data.
- Responsible for the collection and analysis of statistics and information from multiple sources to identify trends in order to gain maximum insight that can give the company a competitive advantage.
- Applies and integrates statistical, mathematical, predictive modeling and business analysis skills to manipulate complex high-volume data from a variety of sources.
- Creates new data collection frameworks for structured and unstructured data; may determine appropriate methods to creatively explore mine, analyze, and manipulate extremely massive data sets.
- Develops and analyzes modeling and measuring techniques using inquisitive creativity along with mathematics, “machine learning”, and statistical/ engineering methods to discover many possible solutions to a given problem.
- Creates user-friendly reports using various databases and systems.
- Must have an Undergraduate degree in Engineering, Mathematics or Science discipline plus 5 years related experience. Experience will be accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Must have experience with Unity 3D and Unreal Engine.
- Must have experience with higher order mathematics.
- Simulation interoperability experience is required for this role.
- US Citizenship is required for this role. Must be able to obtain and maintain the required security clearance per contractual guidelines.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law