Role and Responsibilities
This is a supervisory position, and the successful candidate will be responsible for managing the OKC engineering department. The successful candidate will be responsible for the professional growth and development of the engineering staff. This candidate will support all OKC Programs in the capacity of an Engineering Manager and will report directly to the OKC Sr. Program Manager while working collaboratively with peers.
The Engineering Manager will:
- Work closely with KBR Program Managers to fill their engineering resource needs
- Work collaboratively with Program Systems Engineers
- Ensure a competent engineering resource pool to meet the needs of our customers
- Provide mentorship to less experienced engineers and other subordinate supervisors
- Ensure standard/accepted engineering best practices are adhered to
- Maintain positive relationships with all stakeholders
- Provide engineering expertise to projects
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate exceptional communication skills along with a strategic thinking mindset working with other senior engineers across KBR and support/lead business development needs as assigned.
This position requires a master’s degree in engineering with a minimum of 10 years (15 preferred) of engineering experience and a thorough understanding of engineering best practices. The candidate must have good oral and written communication skills and be comfortable with public speaking in settings that will include KBR employees, customers, and senior leadership. Additionally, the candidate must have supervisory experience. The ideal candidate will be expected to champion KBR’s core values, our Zero Harm (Sustainability) culture, and our Quality Management System.
- 10+ years’ experience in the Aerospace & Defense industry
- Licensed/Chartered Professional Engineer
- 5+ years of previous supervisory experience
- Familiarity with Model Based Systems Engineering methods
Applicant selected may be subject to a government security investigation
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law