Senior Rust Backend Developer (Multiple openings - Remote)
Keyrock is expanding…
Keyrock was founded in 2017 and has quickly grown from 3 to over 100 people today. As an industry recognized liquidity provider and market maker, Keyrock is a leading European creator of algorithmic trading technology in the digital asset space. With VC backing and a constantly expanding global client base, Keyrock is one of Belgium’s fastest-growing fintech companies.
We’re currently active on over 80 exchanges and count numerous marketplaces and asset issuers among our clients, including some of the best-known companies in the digital assets space.
Keyrock's beating heart is its technical team filled with software engineers, digital scientists and academics, who themselves are supported by university professors, industry-leading experts and a strong management team. Over the years Keyrock has become a company that is both idealistic and practical.
Read more about our commitment to Rust technology in our Rust Foundation Membership spotlight: https://foundation.rust-lang.org/news/2022-09-27-member-spotlight-keyrock/
We are looking for:
A backend developer to support the growth of our infrastructure and maintain, which is based on an exciting and constantly evolving technology stack. It currently includes Rust, Node.js, Python, PostgreSQL (TimescaleDB), Kubernetes and plenty more! Your mission would be to develop new features, integrate thirty party APIs, support the development of trading algorithms and propose improvements to our current infrastructure. An ideal candidate has experience in developing low-latency trading systems, is passionate about algo trading and crypto and is a low-level system thinker.
Important: It is worth to understand we are not a blockchain company per se and as such, blockchain development experience is not significant nor sought after by us. Our software is blockchain agnostic and it could be deployed on any type of assets, not limited to blockchain-based assets. We do however welcome blockchain engineers, especially those passionate about trading, as it generally indicated passion for the industry which we value.
NB We are open for exquisite developers, experienced in other languages (C++, Java, Go or similar) and passionate about low-latency, low-level trading systems who have just recently started their journey with Rust and need to master it. We provide training and materials and space to learn. For these profiles we will initially offer slightly decreased package to compensate for our investment in teaching and will increase it to regular level after 3-6 months from joining (guaranteed by contract) when proficiency in Rust and full productivity is reached.
- Building internal and external tools to support Keyrock trading activities
- Integrating the APIs of cryptocurrency exchanges, banks and brokers to the Keyrock infrastructure
- Setup and deployment of algorithms
- Implementing financial logic on multiple Keyrock microservices
Background and experience
- At least 3 years of professional experience in programming
- Experience working with SQL databases
- Familiarity with functional or component testing of services
- Experience building REST and Websocket API clients
- Basic understanding of how to sign an encrypted request
- Ideally, experience building clients that consume streaming data
- Deep understanding of the full web technology stack (e.g. HTTP, cookies, asset loading, caching, REST, etc)
- Basic understanding of the financial market, order books and trading
- Ideally, previous experience interacting with crypto exchanges APIs
Knowledge of Node.js on top of Rust is a strong plus.
Competences and personality
- Team player
- Understand Unix systems
- Capable of having a helicopter view to understand trading strategies
- Willingness to make suggestions and ability to communicate effectively - especially when encountering unfamiliar contexts where clarification is required
1) Initial HR interview
2) Technical +Experience based Interview with Head of Algorithm Development and Senior Algorithm Engineer
3) Technical challenge (home-work type, it is neither a live coding challenge nor pair programming)
4) Challenge debrief (a discussion where you present your solution, guide us through your thought process and receive feedback)
5) Interview with CTO
Our recruitment process typically lasts 3-6 weeks (largely depending on how much time candidate needs for the recruitment task)
Our recruitment philosophy
We believe the most important aspect of our recruitment process is self-awareness: we are looking for people who have a clear understanding of themselves and what they are looking for in their professional career. That means that we expect to work with people who not only have the right skills, but who have also made the conscious decision to look for a company in our industry and with our characteristics and are willing to ask questions and learn in a context that may not be familiar to them.
- A competitive salary package, including benefits that you choose and manage according to your needs and those of your family (car/bike, meal vouchers, health insurance, 25 days off, etc.)
- Complete autonomy in your time management thanks to flexible working hours and the opportunity to work remotely
- The freedom to create your own entrepreneurial experience by being part of a team of people in search of excellence
- A ton of fun in a thriving and multicultural environment, with colleagues enjoying regular team building activities
Keyrock offers you both a career and a large range of benefits that we will gladly discuss in the course of the application process.
As an employer we are committed to build an inclusive, diverse and non-discriminating work environment. We welcome employees of all backgrounds, ethnicities, genders, creed and sexual orientation. We hire, reward and promote entirely based on merit and performance