Why We're Here
We believe heartfelt, human connections make people's lives better. Especially the people who work here…
Our founder, Bill Kimpton rebelled against impersonal, generic hospitality that makes people feel disconnected. He initiated a new boutique hotel standard and environment where people could connect, from the heart. That was the goal then, and it is still our purpose today.
Your work here has meaning. You're here to improve the lives of coworkers, guests, owners, communities, and together we make that happen. It's what drives all that we do. Every day you can improve lives in your own, unique way and you can expect the same in return. It all starts with you.
How We're Different
Our San Francisco-born entrepreneurial spirit and zest for life kick started this culture in 1981, and it shines through to this day.
It all flows from you. The lively, rebellious, genuine you - with your diverse background, talents, experiences, and plucky personality - is fully welcome, and celebrated here. Because we know that when people can be themselves at work, they shine.
That's what we seek out and celebrate. It's people of all kinds who share a knack for creativity and self-leadership. People who don't need to be told what to do to get things done. People who have an innate passion for making others' lives better.
It adds up to a work environment that's a bit quirky, irreverent, exciting, uncommon, empowering, and downright exceptional. Guests feel it; you'll feel it too.
What You'll Do
As the Engineering Manager, you'll assist in supervising all aspects of the building's equipment including preventative maintenance and repairs, monitoring the security and life safety systems in coordination with the Security team, assist in the administration of recruitment, training, scheduling, and payroll for all Engineering team members.
Some of your responsibilities include:
- Lead maintenance of the building, rooms, fixtures, all property equipment, refrigeration, HVAC, plumbing, electrical systems.
- Assists in developing and implementing plans to maintain property, equipment, grounds in good working order.
- With the Director of Engineering, ensures the hotel follows all local, state and federal laws.
- Conduct daily supervision of your team to make sure all employees are properly trained in all areas of the general mechanic functions, work assignments are executed to brand standards, and house calls are resolved and closed out in HOTSOS within encouraged time frames.
- Responsible for maintaining professional relationships with all vendors, on-site partners, F&B, and residential counterparts to ensure that property needs are being met.
- Ensures the shop is kept in good order, i.e. all equipment and work space in safe and clean condition.
- Monitor the hotel's preventative maintenance program and assist in optimally planning, scheduling and evaluating preventative maintenance programs.
- Conduct room inspections and identify repair needs.
�� Ensures all employees have the proper supplies and equipment.
- Participate in all hiring decisions for the Engineering Department.
- Hold team members accountable and carries out corrective action as necessary.
- Maintains oversight of the outsourced Security operation at the hotel, ensuring adequate communication and follow ups are consistently occurring.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction in line with Kimpton's standards.
- Performs any other job related duties as assigned.
What You Bring
- Fire Safety Director Certification required.
- 2+ years related experience as an Engineering Supervisor at a full-service hotel.
- Prior experience with building maintenance systems and processes required, preferably in a supervisory capacity.
- Previous experience in Security, Life Safety or Loss Prevention preferred.
- Flexible schedule, able to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Able to supervise and lead yourself!
The salary range for this role is $78,000.00 to $83,000.00. This is the lowest to highest pay scale we in good faith believe we would pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range, and the range may be modified in the future. An employee's pay position within the pay range will be based on several factors including, but limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, seniority, geographic location, performance, shift, travel requirements, sales or revenue-based metrics, and business or organizational needs.
We offer comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off, medical/dental/vision insurance, 401k, and any other benefits to eligible employees.
You can apply for this role through the link below (or through internal career site if you are a current employee). Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, or any other form of compensation that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company's sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Differences make a difference. We are committed to creating a culture that reflects the diversity of our hotel and restaurant guests. With that goal in mind, we encourage each of our employees to understand, accept, and celebrate differences among people. That includes different personalities, lifestyles, work styles, education, and experience. We also welcome and embrace people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, physical abilities, sexual orientation, gender identities and genders. For our complete EEO policy click here.
Be Yourself. Lead Yourself. Make it Count