Work Mode: Onsite
Location: Onsite at Bristol, PA…
Responsible for leading the Maintenance and Production Engineering functions within the Robern organization including the oversight of the day-to-day operation of the maintenance staff and machine shop. The incumbent would be responsible for planning and execution of plant maintenance programs so the plant will meet its production objectives. The position is also responsible for production process development and implementation including technical, equipment, tooling and new product introduction.
The scope of the role includes leadership for non-exempt positions. This includes the plant’s Maintenance Technician, Tool and Die Machinist, and Co-Op. The incumbent will develop and implement strategies for production engineering and maintenance that supports the Plant and Business���s strategic Plan.
- Responsible for oversight of the Plant’s Maintenance Function as it relates to production equipment and other facility maintenance activity as performed by the Maintenance technician.
- Responsible for oversight of the machine shop through supervision of the Tool & Diemaker position, helping to support both production and New Product Development.
- Develops and implements Preventative Maintenance plans for current and new equipment as well as tracks operational performance and recommends / implements changes to process and equipment for improvement.
- Ensures plant maintenance and engineering programs are completed within the economic cost standards established, all of which contribute to the plant’s profitability.
- Provides technical support and direction to the installation of new equipment and systems, including the action and control of costs associated with these projects.
- Leadership for the introduction of new product into the manufacturing facility while meeting project timelines and within the scope of Operational Objectives.This includes working with the New Product development Group to give input for Design for Manufacture and process capabilities.
- Develop Cell Layouts, process flows, and SOP’s/training documentation necessary for new product launches.
�� Supports obtaining of cost analysis information for proposed new production, materials or processes, or modifications to existing products, materials or processes.
- Designs and develops new or improved processes to improve safety, ergonomics and effectiveness of manufacturing processes. Ensure adherence to all safety policies and will support safety initiatives as needed.
- Champions continuous improvement and cost reduction efforts to constantly improve the process and lower costs by researching, investigating, developing, and implementing new or improved manufacturing technology, and supports others in doing so as well.
- Provides technical training and support to manufacturing teams and responsible for SOP and Standard work creation for new products and processes as implemented.
- Provides input to new equipment design for manufacturing.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering discipline from an ABET accredited engineering school required.
- Seven plus years Engineering and or Maintenance experience within a manufacturing assembly environment.
- Experience with glass or metal fabrication product & process capabilities, evaluating metal stamping-tooling & die process improvement, standards and specifications experience preferred and working with aluminum extrusion is a plus.
- Knowledge of process improvement techniques, general statistics, and computer preferred. Good Interpersonal, communication, successfully establishes and maintains partnerships with teammates/customers.
- Experience with Solid Works and Master Cam, preferred. Automotive equipment experience is a plus.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the US without requiring sponsorship now or in the future.
Why Work at Kohler Co.?
Kohler Co.'s mission is to contribute to a higher level of gracious living for those who are touched by our products and services. We understand that it takes investment in our associates’ development to make that happen. So, we offer ongoing investment in each individual’s personal development and the opportunity to collaborate with others across functions and roles at Kohler.
In addition to the investment in your development, Kohler offers a benefits package including a competitive salary, health, vision, dental, 401(k) with company matching, and more!
Beyond the competitive benefits and compensation, Kohler proudly offers a rich history, steeped in creativity and a commitment to our associates and communities. We invite you to learn more about our culture and company at www.kohlercompany.com.
It is Kohler’s policy to recruit, hire, and promote qualified personnel in all job classifications without regard to race, creed, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran. If, as an individual with a disability, you need reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Kohler Co. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer