Kunai is a fast-growing digital agency of 120+ people specializing in fintech. Our fully remote team is driven by innovation and experimentation. Over the past decade, we've shipped over 150 products for clients that include Visa, the United Nations, Wells Fargo, Ernst & Young, and TOMS Shoes. Our founders built a previous agency (Monsoon) that was acquired by Capital One in 2015.
About the… project:
We're excited to collaborate on this open loop payment processing platform built from the ground up by an agile team. It is cloud-native and built primarily with Go, MongoDB, and Terraform. Our client's team is pushing the frontiers of payments technology and is in the process of continuing to operationalize and scale the product.
Minimum application requirements:
- BS in an engineering field OR can make us feel intensely confident that you don’t need one .
- 6+ years of development experience.
- 3 + years of Golang
- 3+ years of experience developing internal/external web services.
- Collaborative, a solid communicator, and work well with your team and stakeholders.
- Demonstrable working understanding of at least one modern web framework.
- Demonstrable working understanding of NoSQL datastores.
- Comfortable working on front-end web code, back end services, data stores, and infrastructure systems.
- Ability to speak to higher layers of automated testing and the frameworks used
- Deep understanding of the entire delivery process and how deliverables get to production
- Ability to take ownership of the end-to-end delivery cycle while focusing on the software engineering aspects
- Comfortable with encryption schemes, modern APIs, and front-end frameworks.
- Understand the trade-offs of document vs relational databases
- Have the ability to speak to graph structures and why they are used
Please apply if you:
- Are passionate about writing code
- Pick up new technology and switch between tech stacks with a minimum of fuss.
- Are a solid architect/designer/engineer.
- Have experience writing modern software deployed in the cloud.
- Have worked on agile teams to deliver software iteratively.
- Are highly motivated engineer who loves working on small, high performing teams.
- Are someone who cares deeply for team results, checks your ego at the door, and takes pride in owning results.
- Are a mentor who is capable at guiding the technical development of less experienced developers at the functional, component architectural levels.
- Are a professional who can advocate strongly for positions and still be 100% behind team decisions even if they don’t go your way.
- Are comfortable balancing the need to move fast with the realities of working in a highly regulated space like payments.
- Can show us one or more passion projects or open-source work you have contributed to in your own time.
- Have experience with Golang, MongoDB, AWS, and Terraform.
- Have demonstrable experience with systems engineering and automation.
$150,000 - $180,000 a year
Salary budget: $150,000 to $180,000