Tasks and Deliverables…
Develops work flow diagrams, data flow diagrams and data mapping documents. Creates functional specifications, designs, and wireframes from business requirements used to develop software applications.
- Codes application elements using Ruby on Rails, CSS/SCSS/HTML, and HTML5 and checks all code in/out of a central repository to ensure code integrity and version control.
- Writes well-tested Ruby code to develop new applications, fix bugs, and create new enhancements in existing or new web applications.
- Creates normalized data models and schemas based on analyzing business processes and legacy data.
- Configures and deploys multi-tiered cloud-based application infrastructure.
- Configures and deploys continuous integration service to ensure rapid deployment of tested features.
- Troubleshoots, debugs and optimizes code to ensure performance and security requirements.
- Works with web administrator for all web application releases and product integration.
- Provides quality control/assurance to systems and programming activities including determining root cause of form/feature failure, taking corrective actions, coordinating testing, and implementing changes.
- Conducts prototype and pilot reviews with End Users to ensure functionality before full implementation.
- Works with QA, and other IT staff, as warranted to expedite software fixes that affect production, data quality, and access.
- Conducts code review of 3rd party vendor code and enforces Commonwealth of Massachusetts standards.
- Conducts thorough research of existing and emerging technologies.
- Communicates effectively with stakeholders, technical support staff, and project teams