We, at Leggett & Platt Inc., are searching for an Engineering Manager within our Engineering team to help support our Adjustable Bed business. Did you know we have been revolutionizing the sleep industry since 1883? That’s right! In fact, we hold the original patent on a spiral steel coil bed spring, filed way back in 1885. Since then, we have been an industry leader in guaranteeing you get the… best sleep possible. If you join our team, your work will ensure people across the world have a little more comfort in their lives.
As an Engineering Manager you will have the opportunity to manage and provide technical direction to a group of talented engineers. Your contributions will have a direct impact on the business by maintaining the R&D product roadmap and provide technical input to the business unit. The team you will be working with is collaborative, and values diversity of thought.
So, what will you be doing as an Engineering Manager?
- Mentor and develop engineers within the group.
- Provide guidance to engineers on best design practices based on engineering principles.
- Provide system engineering guidance to the team to ensure a cohesive system design.
- Drive product definition of adjustable bed motion control systems to achieve the long-term goals of the business unit.
- Develop and enforce processes to improve the reliability and rigor of the product development processes.
- Identify key areas of research to enable relevant future products.
- Identify development opportunities, assemble project justification, and assist to obtain buyoff from business unit stakeholders.
- Provide process assurance and accountability to the development team.
- Effectively balance and direct assigned efforts in a rapid growth environment based on identified customer and group expectations.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, or related field.
- 5 plus years’ experience in an electrical engineering field.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to manage project timelines and coordinate team efforts to achieve goals.
- Product development experience, ideally producing tangible deliverables.
Things we consider a plus:
- Experience in developing product development processes preferred.
- Personnel management experience preferred.
What to Do Next
Now that you’ve had a chance to learn more about us, what are you waiting for! Apply today and allow us the opportunity to learn more about you and the value you can bring to our team. Once you apply, be sure to create a profile, and sign up for job alerts, so you can be the first to know when new opportunities become available.
Our values speak to our shared beliefs, and describe how we approach working together.
- Put People First reflects our commitment to safety and care of each other, learning and development, and creating an inclusive environment of mutual respect, empathy and belonging.
- Do the Right Thing focuses us on acting with honesty and integrity, delivering the results the right way, taking pride in our work, and speaking the truth – good or bad.
- Do Great Work…Together occurs when we engage without hierarchy, collaborate as a team, embrace challenges, and work for the good of all of us.
- Take Ownership and Raise the Bar demonstrates our responsibility to add value and make a difference, challenge the status quo and biases to make things better, foster innovative and creative solutions to drive impact, and explore new perspectives and embrace change.
Our Commitment to You
We're actively taking steps to make sure our culture is inclusive and that our processes and practices promote equity for all. Leggett & Platt is comprised of people of all abilities, gender identities and expressions, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, veteran status, and more. Join us!
We welcome and encourage applications if you meet the minimum qualifications. Even if you do not meet the preferred qualifications, we’d love the opportunity to consider you.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veteran/Disability Employer
For more information about how we handle your personal data in connection with our recruiting processes, please refer to the Recruiting Privacy Notice on the “Privacy Notice” tab located at http://privacy.leggett.com