JOB TITLE: Customer Engineering Manager…
DEPARTMENT: Customer Engineering
SUPERVISOR: Director of Customer Engineering
The Customer Engineering Manager oversees the development and quotation of new and existing lighting and electrical opportunities. This position is required to collaborate with internal stakeholders such as sales, operations, rebate administration, audit team, and controls engineers to ensure proper development of projects that align with customer and company goals.
This position must conform to all corporate policies and procedures, uphold ethical standards, and exemplify corporate values, with an emphasis on integrity and service.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Understands client requirements and develops competitive quotations and bids that align with those expectations.
- Effectively communicate with internal stakeholders to ensure accurate and timely development of program scope and pricing.
- Reviews bid materials and makes alternate recommendations to assist with customers’ budget requirements.
- Communicates with customers professionally and responds to all inquiries promptly.
- Creates and maintains vendor relationships with lighting manufacturers and labor partners.
- Maintains knowledge of lighting and controls product and their applications (major product lines).
- Negotiates pricing and availability with vendors.
- Must be able to ensure that projects are quoted to the correct quality standards and adhere to local code requirements.
- Utilize multiple tools and platforms, including excel, audit applications, and Lightserve’s in-house account management system.
- Commercial and/or Industrial lighting experience.
- Plans and executes a seamless audit
- Identifies processes that result in accurate and timely audits.
- Additional job duties/responsibilities as assigned by management.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Must have prior experience with estimating methodologies.
- Ability to maintain a professional presence with all vendors, customers, colleagues, and management.
- Customer service focus with the ability to respond to requests in a timely manner.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with several competing priorities.
- Ability to navigate multiple computer system windows, applications, and utilize search tools to find information.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills (verbal and written).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to travel, occasionally overnight.
- Valid Driver’s license.
- Associate or bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college.
- Commercial lighting design experience.
- Company paid medical and dental premiums for employees on our base plan.
- Access to vision and other ancillary benefits.
- 401(K) including company match after one year.
- Company paid long-term disability and life insurance.
- Paid time off plus 10 company paid holidays.
- Current hybrid work schedule after successful on-boarding period - (3) days in office and (2) days remote.
- Office, cubicle, or workstation.
AA/EOE. Women, Minorities, Veterans, and Disabled People Encouraged to Apply
Employment at Lightserve Corporation is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. Lightserve Corporation is a drug-free workplace and an E-Verify employer. The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental, or similar duties which may by required from day-to-day.
Are you interested in this job? Please apply from Salary.com
Job ID: j202305091244314634235
Recommended Job Skills: Account Management, Customer Acquisition
Average Estimate Salary for a Customer Engineering Manager: $45,343 to $60,211
This data is calculated using netizen feedback data. To get the most accurate number for your company jobs in your locations, use our subscription products: https://www.salary.com/companalyst