Description:The Autonomy/AI ML Software Engineer is responsible for developing, integrating, and deploying autonomy and artificial intelligence algorithms for mission systems and production and maintenance operations. Translates requirements and develops code, determining appropriate software methods, training system to recognize patterns to perform specific functions. Supports the technology development life cycle from requirements generation through development, integration, scenario development and modeling, testing and debugging. May support research and development on prototyping of autonomous systems in some organizations.
- Develops, integrates, and implements algorithms to enable perception, motion/mission planning, controls, etc. functionality in LM products and platforms * Translates requirements and applies requirements to development code, integrating autonomy, AI or machine learning algorithms to LM products and platforms * Determines software… methods to best acquire and execute knowledge * Implements algorithms into software to train systems to recognize patterns and perform specific functions * Responsible for various phases of developing and maintaining autonomy software from requirements generation, software design and development to integration, testing, troubleshooting and debugging, and implementation * Review test outcomes, conducts troubleshooting, and works to debug issues * Develops human-machine interface scenarios, breaking missions into tasks * Documents interface requirements and implements human-machine interfaces * Interfaces with other teams involved the development lifecycle for perception, mission and motion planning, simulation and modeling, testing, etc.
Must have the ability to obtain a Top secret clearance.
- Knowledge of classical AI techniques
- Experience in machine learning frameworks and deep learning toolsets (eg. TensorFlow PyTorch, Caffe, Keras, or other)
- Experience designing and implementing ML techniques aimed at solving specific problems
- Experience with programming languages (eg. Python, C , Java, MatLab, or other)
- Undergraduate/Masters/PhD degree in computer science, mathematics, applied statistics, various engineering disciplines, or related STEM discipline
- Neural ODE’s (NODEs) or Physics Informed Neural Networks (PINNs)
- ML optimization for General Purpose GPU programming or CUDA
- Experience with applications in supervised learning (eg. classification, regression, etc.), unsupervised learning (eg. clustering, dimension reduction, generative modeling, etc.) and reinforcement learning (eg. model-based or model-free methods)
- Experience working with analyzing large scale data from a variety of sources and applying statistical methods needed
- Experience training and evaluating Artificial Neural Networks (ANNs), Convolutional Neural Networks (CNNs), and/or Recurrent Neural Networks (RNNs)
- Experience with CNN model generation, RNN model generation, and/or reinforcement learning techniques
- Experience with signal processing, computer vision (including OpenCV)
- Experience with modeling and simulation on CPU and GPU architectures
- Solid understanding of testing planning and procedures including validation and verification of system behaviors
- Time Series Analysis
Security Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.
Clearance Level: Top Secret
Other Important Information You Should Know
Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.
Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.
Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.
Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per week
The annual base salary range for this position in Colorado or Washington is $82,700 - $158,500. Please note that the salary information is a general guideline only. Lockheed Martin considers factors such as (but not limited to) scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate's work experience, education/ training, key skills as well as market and business considerations when extending an offer.
Benefits offered: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, 401(k) match, Flexible Spending Accounts, EAP, Education Assistance, Parental Leave, Paid time off, and Holidays.
(Washington state applicants only) Non-represented full time employees: accrue 10 hours per month of Paid Time Off (PTO); receive 40 hours of Granted PTO annually for incidental absences; receive at least 90 hours for holidays. Represented full time employees accrue 6.67 hours of PTO per month; accrue up to 52 hours of sick leave annually; receive at least 96 hours for holidays. PTO is prorated based on hours worked and start date during the calendar year.
This position is incentive plan eligible.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
At Lockheed Martin, we use our passion for purposeful innovation to help keep people safe and solve the world's most complex challenges. Our people are some of the greatest minds in the industry and truly make Lockheed Martin a great place to work.
With our employees as our priority, we provide diverse career opportunities designed to propel, develop, and boost agility. Our flexible schedules, competitive pay, and comprehensive benefits enable our employees to live a healthy, fulfilling life at and outside of work. We place an emphasis on empowering our employees by fostering an inclusive environment built upon integrity and corporate responsibility.
If this sounds like a culture you connect with, you’re invited to apply for this role. Or, if you are unsure whether your experience aligns with the requirements of this position, we encourage you to search on Lockheed Martin Jobs, and apply for roles that align with your qualifications.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Business Unit: MISSILES AND FIRE CONTROL
Relocation Available: Yes
Career Area: Autonomy