Lockheed Martin Space is hiring! Take your career to the next level and come work for us in Valley Forge PA.
We are motivated by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and forward thinking, everything is within our reach –and yours as a Lockheed Martin Space employee…
This position is responsible for leading the Valley Forge Production Quality team.
As a Quality Engineering Manager, the candidate will provide leadership to a great team of Quality Managers, Engineers and Inspectors. (approximately 25 team members).
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead, develop and mentor a team of Quality Managers, Engineers and Inspectors
- Support new business proposals and program start ups
- Ensure facility compliance through accurate flow down of Program/Industry requirements (AS9100/LM Command media)
- Interfacing with DCMA, Customers and other LM leadership to resolve technical/Quality issues and drive performance
- Oversee the Courtland Corrective Action Board
- Manage staffing levels to support site growth and program budgets
- Drive process improvements and cost savings through quality metrics and utilizing a continuous improvement mentality
We are seeking an energized individual who is passionate about building the space technologies of tomorrow. Will you join us in the journey?
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
*Paid time off
*Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package:
https://www.lockheedmartinjobs.com/working-here#benefits To be successful in this role you will need to possess the following requirements:
- Strong communication skills including the ability to interface effectively with executive leadership on strategic and tactical issues affecting the quality of products and services
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a technical discipline (e.g., engineering field) or equivalent discipline (e.g., math, physics, chemistry, etc.).
- Previous leadership experience managing in a Quality Assurance or an Operation related discipline
- Experience working in an Aerospace/Defense or related Manufacturing environment certified to AS9100/ISO9001
- Strong working knowledge of problem solving/root cause analysis and process management
- Ability to comprehend and interpret drawings, work instructions, schematics, and specifications
- Demonstrated ability to make critical decisions, set priorities and provide succinct direction in a dynamic business environment
- Demonstrated track record of working with multiple customers and forming strong internal and external customer relationships
- Ability to give, receive, and act on critical feedback
- Ability to form creative partnerships to improve execution and competitive performance.
- Ability to obtain a Top Secret Clearance
- Must be a US citizen - Lean Manufacturing experience (Green Belt/Black Belt Certification)
- Previous experience as an Material Review Board team member (MRB)
- Leadership experience in aerospace, space or defense manufacturing
- Circuit board manufacturing experience
- Experience maintaining an AS9100 certified quality system
- Audit experience
- Experience utilizing precision measuring tools and inspection equipment
- Certified Quality Engineer
- Currently or has in the past possessed a Security Clearance Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status