Loop Inc., one of the world's fastest growing electric vehicle charging infrastructure solutions companies, is seeking a highly motivated, organized, and well-rounded professional to join our El Segundo, CA team as a Sr. Rust Engineer.
We aim to be a leader in EV charging solutions. Our mission is to make EV charging more accessible to multi-tenant property owners and operators as well as… electric vehicle drivers by simplifying and streamlining the development and operation of user-friendly public and private EV charging networks.
The Sr. Rust Engineer will join a growing globally distributed Engineering team and help contribute to the current scaling goals of Loop. Prior experience mentoring growing engineering talent and code reviews is required. As the team continues to grow there will be new opportunities to develop key engineering improvements in addition to opportunities to research new methodologies. Our Engineering team emphasizes collaboration and creativity.
- Work closely with backend developers to understand and properly use the system APIs
- Write both unit and integration tests, and develop automation tools for daily tasks
- Challenge ideas and opinions to avoid pitfalls and inefficient solutions
- Design and implement microservices in Rust connecting to financial systems and payment networks
- Write reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Analyze requirements, and vendor APIs, and translate them into application designs.
- Implementation of security and data protection systems
- Build applications according to the design and provide designers with feedback and suggest tradeoffs when required
- 7+ years coding experience, experience with Rust
- You have strong opinions on system design and code cleanliness.
- Experience developing technologically complicated products for untrained end-users
- Having mentored at least one engineer with a solid understanding of how to mentor growing engineering talent
- Prior experience with code reviews (any language)
Nice to Have:
- Prior experience working with globally distributed teams
- You thrive in a startup environment and feel best working in a small, cross-functional team where you can roll up your sleeves and be hands on
- You have an interest in working in a self organizing environment and bring creativity to start your own initiatives
Loop is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Recruiters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Loop does not accept unsolicited recruiter and agency resumes. Loop will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Loop.
Loop focuses on Startups and Renewable Energies. Their company has offices in Los Angeles and El Segundo. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees. To date, Loop has raised $60M of funding; their latest round was closed on October 2022.
You can view their website at https://evloop.io/ or find them on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn