WHO WE ARE
Loveseat.com is on a mission to eliminate all waste from the supply chain in the home goods space - e.g. furniture, decor, appliances, etc. We are a consumer-first marketplace giving returned & overstocked goods a second chance to find a consumer who wants to save 70% off retail on a near-perfect item…
Loveseat is growing fast and is fresh off a Series A round led by Bessemer Venture Partners. We are seeking an Engineering Manager to join our team and take the company to the next level!
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Working directly with Loveseat’s CTO & Co-founder, this critical member of our team will have a unique opportunity to contribute to and shape the technical product of a rapidly growing marketplace startup. This position is for a technically well-rounded individual with direct experience in using the Python/Django framework to build and ship web applications.
You’ll have an important role in the launch of new features, architecting our infrastructure for scale, and the execution of our roadmap. The current engineering team is small but growing, so you'll have an important job in helping shape the future of the engineering department. This position is 100% remote but must be U.S.-based.
This role will:
- Lead the current engineering team and provide guidance on additional engineering hires as company scales.
- Own the technical development timeline across 3 proprietary products including consumer-facing website, internal admin website, and internal mobile application.
- Translate roadmap-level features to project boards and work with the team to ensure successful completion.
- Monitor infrastructure for a high-volume auction-based business and maintain enough resources for rapid audience and geographical growth.
- Cross-collaborate with G&A, Warehouse, and Merchandising teams for immediate troubleshooting and long term strategic planning to support growth and scaling.
WHO YOU ARE
- 2+ years full stack software engineering experience
- Devops experience in Heroku a plus
- Startup experience preferred
- Able to quickly reverse engineer solutions to problems with a proactive approach to problem solving
- A software development mindset that embraces rapid iteration over rigid process
- Self-starter who thrives in an environment with personal freedom and latitude on how to achieve results
WHAT WE DO
Loveseat Online Auctions was founded in 2020 and operates a managed marketplace for returned and other distressed inventory in the home goods (furniture, decor, etc.) space from major retailers and vendors. Everything is sold at auction with most items starting at just $10. Think: TJMaxx meets eBay. Fulfillment is done locally via Loveseat’s network of warehouses in major metro areas.
The customer proposition is simple: score amazing deals on great stuff for your home in a fun and (slightly addictive) gamified shopping experience.
Loveseat focuses on Mobile, E-Commerce, Marketplaces, Local, and Consumer. Their company has offices in Los Angeles, Austin, San Diego, and Orange County. They have a small team that's between 11-50 employees.
You can view their website at https://www.loveseat.com/ or find them on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn