Founded in 2019 and led by a team of former bankers and credit investment professionals aiming to improve upon legacy capital markets, Maple is an institutional capital network that provides the infrastructure for credit experts to run on-chain lending businesses and connects institutional lenders and borrowers. Built with both traditional financial institutions and decentralized… finance leaders, Maple is transforming capital markets by combining industry-standard compliance and due diligence with the transparent and frictionless lending enabled by smart contracts and blockchain technology. Maple is the gateway to growth for financial institutions, pool delegates and companies seeking capital on-chain.
Today the Maple team is 25 strong, with backgrounds across tech, finance and defi including Kraken, Meta, Bank of America, Gemini and MakerDAO. Team profiles are shared on our site here!
Remote from North/South America, Europe, Africa
We are looking to find an experienced Solidity Engineer to join our existing smart contracts team of highly experienced A-grade engineers, each with 4+ years of commercial experience with Solidity. You’ll be working with advanced smart contracts, working on new features for the protocol and creating new technical DeFi primitives. Your code must be auditable, gas-efficient, well-formatted and commented with accompanying documentation. A strong interest and passion for the potential of DeFi is essential, as well as a high degree of focus on security and comprehensive testing.
This role puts the right candidate at ground zero of a Global Capital Markets platform for the future of Institutional Credit and they will heavily impact/influence the further development of it over the coming years.
We require a Solidity Engineer with experience and high code quality standards to match the scope of our vision to expand the digital economy. In this role you will build the contracts to support innovative new features that our users will find the most valuable.
- Produce high quality, performant, and well-tested Solidity code
- Achieve comprehensive unit and integration test coverage
- Write specs and review PRs
- Design and ideation of new functionality
- First class collaborative ethos and personal attitude
- 2+ years experience in Solidity development
- 3+ years in general software engineering
- Strong understanding of best practices in repo management
- Familiar with Test Driven Development process in Solidity
- Passionate about the DeFi space
- Fluent in English
Nice if you have it
- Experience working with yield accruing tokens/protocols
- Experience with Foundry or other testing frameworks for Solidity
- Previously deployed projects to Mainnet
- Familiarity with low level EVM concepts
- Familiarity with fuzz testing
- Familiarity with symbolic execution
What’s in it for you
- Base salary of $125K - $175k per annum. Paid in your choice of crypto (USDC) or local fiat currency
- MPL token allocation, giving you a stake in Maple’s long term success
- Unlimited paid time off (PTO)
- Fully remote and flexible working giving you the autonomy to live and work your way
- Optional access to shared working space at your local WeWork or equivalent
- Contract or full time employment opportunities including all local statutory benefits
- Fully transparent and collaborative team culture
- Funding for personal skills development
- Annual team offsite events
If you subscribe to the values of Maple - Personal Ownership, Focused Execution, User Prioritisation, Innovative Mindset - and want to be part of a collaborative culture focused on bringing Global Finance into the future, then we want to hear from you!
We look forward to receiving your application and will be in touch after having a chance to review.
In the meantime, here are some links to more information about Maple to help you check us out: