McDonald’s new growth strategy, Accelerating the Arches, encompasses all aspects of our business as the leading global omni-channel restaurant brand. As the consumer landscape shifts we are using our competitive advantages to further strengthen our brand. One of our core growth strategies is to Double Down on the 3Ds (Delivery, Digital and Drive Thru). McDonald’s will… accelerate technology innovation so 65M+ customers a day will experience a fast, easy experience, whether at one of our 25,000 and growing Drive Thrus, through McDelivery, dine-in or takeaway.
Leading this tech revolution is McDonald’s Global Technology organization made up of intrapreneurs who get to build really cool tech with scary smart people using the latest innovations like AI, IOT, and edge computing. We do this working along diverse, global teams who are always hungry for a challenge. It’s bonus points when you get to see your family and friends use the tech you build at their favorite McD restaurant.
As we have matured as an engineering organization and seen the demands for technology grow exponentially, we’re gearing up to deliver on the next set of opportunities for the business. We are building up an engineering team in house accountable for our strategic products. We’ll have diverse squads made up of engineers with traditional and specialized skillsets, both from internal engineers coupled with our partners, to help us flex with demand and solve technology innovation challenges done at an incredible scale.
Check out the Global Technology Technical Blog to learn how technology is directly enabling the Accelerating the Arches strategy.
About McDonald’s Global Product Engineering Team
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries and billions of customers each year. More and more of our customers are interacting with McDonald’s through Digital channels, including our Mobile Apps and In-Store Kiosks. The McDonald’s Global Product Engineering Team is responsible for driving digital innovation inside and outside of our restaurants. We identify the most meaningful opportunities for our customers and our business, and we bring them to life through industry-changing products like Mobile Ordering and McDelivery.
We are seeking a product leader with a passion for payments to serve as US Technology Product Engineering Manager - Payments, to maintain and deliver in-restaurant and digital payment products for McDonald’s USA. The ideal candidate is a product engineer who can encourage cross-functional teams to deliver outstanding payment experiences that customers love and that win for the business. You’ll manage key payment performance indicators and quickly adjust course or recommend remediation when needed. This role will report to the Sr. Product Engineer, US-Payments.
- Assist in creation of Drive-thru and In-restaurant payment device strategy. Collaborate with payment device providers, payment processors, US and Global Technology and US Operations to ensure the best payment experience for in-store and drive-thru customers.
- Partner with Vendor Management and payment device providers to ensure a consistent supply of working devices for McDonald’s US restaurants.
- Ensure all US payment devices are kept up to date with the latest software releases and remain compliant with all PCI and regulatory standards.
- Collaborate with Payment Providers, Global Technology and Global Treasury to enhance payment experiences in the McDonald’s Mobile App.
- Drive strategy with data. Report on digital and instore payment KPIs. Point out opportunities and drive improvements.
- Evaluate and improve day to day support processes for both in-store and digital payments. Drive process improvements where needed.
- Collaborate with owner/operators to test and improve new payments technology.
- Assist in creating and supporting the US Payments technology product roadmap.
Key Proficiencies include:
- Passionate, customer-obsessed looking for new solutions for the business, who truly enjoys working with a team to deliver great payment experiences
- Passionate payments technology professional and a recognized expert in payments technology and processing.
- Expertise product planning, including product definition, feature prioritization, trade-off processes, and roadmap creation
- Ability to influence senior leaders and cross-functional stakeholders in collectively aligning and executing against product vision
- Expert in accessing and presenting data to drive payments decisions.
- Assist in finding product solutions that customers love, in a business that has complex operational and service delivery considerations
- Passion for McDonald’s customers and owner/operators and ability to ensure customer needs are met with a compelling experience that makes financial sense for owner/operators.
- Good sense of curiosity with genuine desire to learn and think with agility - identifying patterns/trends and applying them in new and unfamiliar situations
- Confident working in a fast-moving environment, with a willingness to make quick decisions based on continuous prioritization and evolving customer needs
- Must be fully vaccinated (i.e., at least 2 weeks after last dose) for COVID-19 and, if hired, present proof of vaccination by start date.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years in a payment’s technology role
- 2+ years of managerial experience leading cross-functional teams and projects
- Experience at a consumer / retail company preferred
- Experience writing SQL Queries from scratch
- Experience with data analytics and visualization tools (PowerBI)
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment