Job Location: NASA Goddard Space Flight Center - Greenbelt, MD…
Position Type: Full Time
Salary Range: Undisclosed
Job Shift: Day
Job Category: Information Technology
JOB SUMMARY: The NASA SES III contract provides IT services throughout all aspects of the engineering process of the entire space systems arena. We are looking for a Mid-Level Web Developer who values exploration, discovery, efficiency, and finding solutions to complex issues. Working closely with our team of developers, engineers, operators, and NASA customers, you’ll design and develop new features to support Worldview (https://worldview.earthdata.nasa.gov), an open-source web application (https://github.com/nasa-gibs/worldview) for interactively browsing full-resolution imagery and near real-time data products from NASA’s Earth observing satellites. Support the thousands of scientists, educators, first responders, journalists, and others across the globe who use Worldview every day for their mission! Location: Remote Position. Candidate must be able to support East Coast time zone and occasional visits to the NASA Goddard Space Flight Center, Greenbelt, MD office and/or travel.
- Supporting operations by participating in software requirements development, architecture design, code reviews, and testing
- Developing and maintaining continuous integration and deployment processes and best practices
- Work closely with our team of developers, engineers, operators, and NASA customers, designing and developing new features to support Worldview (an open-source web application) for interactively browsing full-resolution imagery and near real-time data products from NASA’s Earth observing satellites.
- In-depth knowledge of current best practices for React & Redux including performance optimization & maintainability
- Proficiency with Redux and it’s best practices for state management
- Experience with modern front-end build pipelines and tools (e.g., Webpack, Babel, and NPM)
- Familiarity with end-to-end testing frameworks and tools (e.g., Playwright, Cypress, Selenium)
- Comprehensive understanding of GIT repository management
- Demonstrable experience balancing the need to work collaboratively and independently in an Agile-based development process
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Experience with Node.js
- Experience developing and executing continuous integration tests (e.g. Bamboo, GitHub Actions)
- Experience working with GIS technologies (e.g., OpenLayers, Geospatial Science, Leaflet, Cesium, Esri Products (ArcGIS), and MapBox)
- Experience with following: Bootstrap, AWS, and Docker
RELEVANT EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 3 years of React development experience in a professional team environment.
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
SECURITY CLEARANCE: Ability to obtain required National Agency Check (NAC) clearance.
ABOUT US: At MCSG Technologies, we believe the path to success begins by empowering our employees to do what is best for our customers. This helps create value for our customers and business partners through efficiencies and cost-effective relationships that are built on trust, while delivering on-time and within budget. Our company ethos is simple Empowered to serve our customers, our communities, our colleagues. If you would like to learn more, please visit our website at www.mcsgtech.com or find us on Glassdoor.
BENEFITS OFFERED: Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, EAP, parental leave, paid time off, holidays and more. Learn more about MCSG Technologies benefits: https://www.mcsgtech.com/benefits/.
EOE STATEMENT: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION: The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
EXECUTIVE ORDER 14042 ENSURING ADEQUATE COVID-10 SAFETY PROTOCOLS: The United States government may require that all employees, plus all contract employees performing services on behalf of the federal government, be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. In accordance with EO 14042, MCSG Technologies may require that all employees with MCSG Technologies be fully vaccinated against COVID-19