This role will be part of the Marketing Science team focused on supporting our global small businesses, by better understanding how these businesses can grow using our platforms through data and science. The main function of the Data Scientist is to produce innovative solutions driven by exploratory data analysis from complex and high-dimensional datasets.
Data Scientist, SBG Marketing Science… Responsibilities:
- Apply knowledge of statistics, machine learning, programming, data modeling, simulation, and advanced mathematics to recognize patterns, identify opportunities, pose business questions, and make valuable discoveries leading to prototype development and solution improvement.
- Work with large and complex data sets to solve a wide array of challenging problems using different analytical and statistical approaches.
- Define, understand, and test opportunities and levers to improve solutions, and drive roadmaps through your insights and recommendations.
- Work closely with sales, program leaders and other cross-functions to drive direct impact on small business marketing strategy
- Communicate findings and illustrate suggestions in creative ways to stakeholders and partners
- Advocate for small businesses with other research and product teams to ensure that solutions are designed with businesses of all shapes and sizes in mind
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, relevant technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- A minimum of 4 years of work experience in analytics
- Experience with data querying languages (e.g. SQL), scripting languages (e.g. Python), and/or statistical/mathematical software (e.g. R)
- Experience communicating complex concepts to non-technical audiences
- Masters or Ph.D. Degree in a quantitative field.
Meta is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. You may view our Equal Employment Opportunity notice here . We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. We may use your information to maintain the safety and security of Meta, its employees, and others as required or permitted by law. You may view Meta's Pay Transparency Policy , Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notice, and Notice to Applicants for Employment and Employees by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Meta participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law