WE EXPECT YOU TO WIN:
Everyone at Metova is given the tools and resources they need to succeed at their job. We offer a flexible and positive work environment so you have the autonomy to build amazing software for our customers and add to our team of industry leading visionaries. You will build a compelling and easy to use interface, ensure its maintainability and ease of use, and suggest ways… to improve the look and feel of the application. We are lean, which means we reflect on what we learn and use that new knowledge to quickly make better products. Your job is to keep learning, contribute your knowledge back to the rest of the team, and apply what you learn to make Metova and our clients even greater.
Metova's engineering team is looking for a Senior Python Developer to join our growing team. You are highly motivated, collaborative, and technical, with the passion to help shape the delivery of software products for our customers. You are passionate about web development and interested in helping to shape the future of our web services team. You are always seeking new and diverse challenges to grow your skill set and broaden your experience.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
��� Work with technical teams and end users to build innovative solutions in an Agile environment
- Lead transitioning analytical models into production ready applications deployed in a scalable cloud environment
- Research, propose, and leverage commercial tools, packages, best practices to improve organizational software engineering capabilities
- Build automation including CI/CD and automated testing
- Liaise between data science and engineering teams
As a developer, you are responsible for delivering valuable software to your clients while adhering to technical standards, company values, and industry best practices. Your success in this position will require you to set and meet appropriate expectations with customers and delight customers by anticipating their needs. You will be accountable for meeting commitments and producing quality, tested software. High output, driven developer, able to work in a team setting.Here are some tools we use in our development process:
- Atlassian Tools (Jira, Confluence, etc)
- 3-5 years of Python experience
- Strong expertise coding in Python, SQL, Git, and AWS Cloud
- Strong verbal and communication skills
- Experience effectively communicating with project managers and front-end engineers
- Experience consulting with external customers and internal technical teams
- Develop robust performant software components to capital markets products
- Work directly with line of business developers to gather requirements, understand business context and translate this into a set of work items for delivery
- Previous experience implementing the entire software development lifecycle: requirement gathering, design, implementation, testing, and handover to line of business teams
- Experience with unit testing
WE CONSIDER IT A PLUS IF YOU HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or any computational related field
Founded in 2006, Metova has a long history of providing cutting edge technology solutions to clients across a variety of industries. Today, Metova specializes in software and application development for web based solutions, iOS, and Android. Working at Metova allows you to not only provide your strategic and technical expertise to others, but also continued personal development through internal career development curriculum, cross-training programs with fellow employees, and challenging projects solving real-world issues. We are a growing company looking for thought leaders who want to revolutionize industries to join our team.
We offer a work environment that also works for you through remote teams, flexible schedules, open PTO policy, and a flat organization that embraces the diverse backgrounds and skill sets across our teams to continue to drive Metova forward on our path to success. We offer a competitive salary, dental, vision, and health plans, and a matching 401(k) program.
Metova, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer