Note: This position is based in the United States. This is a regular full-time position on our payroll. This is not a contract, 1099, or C2C position.
Join a family friendly, financially strong, and stable company where you can continue to grow in your career! We have flexible work schedules with a focus on work-life and a competitive benefits package…
We're looking for a talented and curious-minded Language Agnostic Backend Engineer who can tackle solutions in various tech stacks and can troubleshoot the entirety of the solution. Developing with the end in mind, you will design and build digital solutions while following best practices. You should be comfortable working alongside a team of motivated engineers — as well as independently. Our backend developers have an immediate effect on our business success, as well as the success of our clients.
If you don’t want to limit yourself to any one language or specialty, check us out!
Our ideal candidate has a unique blend of technical expertise and insatiable curiosity, with a methodical, analytical mindset. We need you to bring to life the attractive visuals created by our designers, UX professionals and front-end developers!
In this role, you will work remote and can live anywhere in the continental United States. Compensation is commensurate with experience. This position is not eligible for visa or work authorization sponsorship.
Your primary focus:The development of all server-side logic, definition, and maintenance of services that process, store, and manage access to data, while ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. Working as a team, you will collaborate with front-end developers, fellow backend developers, product managers, QA analysts, and designers to deliver server-side applications while managing the interchange of data between the server and the users.
Our Ideal Candidates:
- Flexible and adaptable in developing tech solutions using different programming languages and frameworks
- Can plug-in to a variety of technologies and environments
- Can approach the digital solution from the creative side (front-end) or analytical side (backend) comfortably working with UI/UX professionals in creatively solving problems and implementing solutions
- Diverse technology experience with a combination of the following:
- Web solution stacks such as Java/Spring, C#/ASP.Net, Ruby/Ruby on Rails, Cake/PHP
- Backend API or enterprise microservices implemented with Java, Ruby, C# .Net Core
- ES Next or Typescript frameworks such as React, Vue, Angular with either a focus on frontend client-side or server- side full stack with Node
- Serverless cloud-based solutions using AWS Lambda or Azure Function
- Native application development experience for iOS or Android
- Ability to integrate solutions with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Strong proficiency in C# and Ruby programming languages
- Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Strong understanding of database technologies such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, or MongoDB
- Experience with RESTful API development and integration
- Possess a wide breadth of knowledge and comfortable doing a wide range of development tasks
- Agile in the way solutions are designed
- Nimble thinker
- Ability to architect user authentication and authorization schemes between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Strong understanding of the web development cycle, programming techniques, and tools
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship, now or in the future
Key skills and attributes for success:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent critical thinking skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Motivated learner who can readily learn and apply new development technologies
The digital landscape continues to evolve at a rapid pace, and Mission Data remains on the leading edge with innovative websites and mobile applications. In our agile environment, you will be exposed to a variety of clients and work with many interesting technologies, problem domains, and verticals. You will gain exposure to different businesses and industries ranging from Fortune 1000 companies to successful start-ups. At Mission Data you'll stretch your technical legs and learn new skills.
Working at Mission Data:
The foundation of Mission Data is an excellent culture. You will work in a smaller and more intimate environment with a stable and mature company and a team that is super friendly and supportive! Our employees get a lot of experience with diverse technologies and applications working with our many different types of clients and really get to stretch their technical legs.
Mission Data is a place for you to grow, develop, and advance your career through learning and playing with new technologies. At Mission Data, we have an open organizational culture where transparency, inclusivity, and adaptability are the name of the game. Our team of professionals are genuine, responsive, and always willing to help. We operate in a remote environment and build strong relationships through virtual collaboration tools. Through our research and development investments, employees can gain skill, explore possibilities and create new services and products.
Join a company where you can work on exciting projects and enhance your skill set while doing meaningful work.
About Mission Data:
Mission Data LLC (www.missiondata.com) is a full-service digital product development firm, focusing on the design, development, and management of web and mobile solutions. For more than 20 years, Mission Data has specialized in designing and building smart digital products for companies of all sizes nationwide. We are a seasoned, innovative team of advisors, architects, engineers, designers, and strategists with expertise in user experience design, digital product development, and distributed workforce enablement. Our love of all things tech is grounded in the possible. The practical application of technology to enable big ideas is what excites us, and we strive to make a lasting impact on the businesses with whom we partner.
We collaborate with our clients to guide their visions, and we’re dedicated to partnering long-term to make lasting digital transformations. While our focus is on retail, media, and manufacturing, we work with companies in a wide range of industries to generate new revenue streams, maximize profits, and position them at the forefront.
Mission Data is an Equal Opportunity Employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following "EEO is the Law" Poster and the "EEO is the Law" Poster Supplement. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. We encourage and invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a career opportunity, please send your request to email@example.com and be as specific as possible with respect to your request