MN8 Energy is one of the largest independent solar energy and energy storage owner/operators in the U.S., serving enterprise customers with clean energy and complementary solutions, such as battery storage and EV Charging, to enable an electrified, decarbonized world. Originally founded inside of Goldman Sachs in 2017, our fleet has grown to nearly 3-gigawatts of solar, including 850… projects across 27 states, and over 270 megawatts of battery storage projects, with each project tailored to achieve the bold decarbonization targets and goals of our more than 200 blue-chip customers. MN8 is headquartered in New York with offices in Boca Raton, Florida and Madrid.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The EV Engineering Manager will report to the Head of Engineering and work in a team environment, on a variety of engineering projects related to EV Fast Charging Stations or EV Fast Charging Stations hybridized with solar and storage both. The EV Engineering Manager position will touch on all aspects of the project’s site selection, site design & permitting, construction, and operation maintenance of those facilities. The EV Engineering Manager will work with Development, Origination, Construction and Asset Management teams with due diligence, site, utility coordination and jurisdictional constraints, constructability reviews, standards, specifications, scopes, site visits pre, during and post construction as well as commissioning.
As the EV Engineering Manager, you will:
- Coordinates site and utility feasibility/desktop assessments with Development team to provide technical feasibility constraints.
- Lead and mentor a team of engineers.
- Coordinates with Customer for site selection needs and features/requirements.
- Coordinates and reviews with Owner Engineer (OE) of detailed design, creation of site plan, SLD and load calculations for Interconnection process-new service/extending existing service.
- Acts as technical point of contact with local utilities to confirm utility/grid capacity, requirements for support of planning and designing EV Fast Charging Stations.
- Coordinates utility applications or other requirements to ensure utility support for projects as needed.
- Supports sizing of procurement long lead equipment purchase and strategies associated with securing it timely.
- Develops and/or coordinates design for EV Fast Charging Stations, including layout of chargers, parking, traffic flow, lighting, signage, ADA requirements as well as location/pathway for utilities, transformers, and site level protection.
- Supports project execution in technical reviews and submittals from contractors for timely construction overseeing specifications, quality and standards.
- Recommends safety improvements and adheres to all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency, Owner, and client directives related to power, energy, safety, and infrastructure.
- Leads design standards process to incorporate technical requirements on hardware, software, and site related needs.
- Leads coordination efforts with OE/EOR and project execution team to implement accurate company standards design needs during construction stage.
- Supports Asset management during key onboarding process for EV chargers to reflect software integration to O&M platform.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum of three years of electrical engineering experience.
- Prior experience of leading nationwide roll out programs for EV DC fast chargers.
- Prior leadership experience.
- Working knowledge of electric utilities, their requirements and application processes.
- Experience in creation and review of site layout design for EV Fast Charging Stations.
- Working knowledge of main DC fast charger models in the US.
- Experience working on low voltage and medium voltage switchgear.
- Comments on internal designs, CAD reviews and listing comments from local AHJ and other permitting agencies into design.
- Experience in conducting site visits and evaluating technical issues in the field preferred.
- High level of proficiency in AutoCAD Civil 3D desired.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and determination to complete difficult projects.
- Demonstrated ability to improve processes and create efficiencies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable, and courteous service to customers
- Ability to effectively present information.
- Highly developed sense of professional ethics.
- Ability to work both on a team as well as independently.
- Ability to communicate effectively with tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to interface effectively with cross functional employee group of all levels and competencies.
- Commitment to quality.
MN8 Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity to ensure that all applicants and employees are considered for hire, promotion, and job status without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital or familial status