Monolith needs a Process Data Scientist who is ready to create change and make a global impact. Ready to help us make a difference?
Join us on the frontlines of change…
Our Process Data Scientists holistically understand the current state of the process and identify how solutions today will impact processing across multiple plants and generations of the process. They work to guide technology development and experimentation via modeling and validation to ensure the business goals of the company are achieved.
The Process Data Scientist is responsible for the analysis and optimization of Monolith's carbon black manufacturing process. In addition, they will identify and develop tools to improve efficiency, support engineers in the fields of statistics and modeling, and work on several stages of the process from research and development, to technical transfer and scaleup, to system operation.
Interested in learning more?
Why you should be at Monolith:
- Inspiring work that makes a positive difference to the world
- A collaborative and diverse environment where everyone has a voice
- Competitive compensation and flexible work-life balance
- Plenty of opportunities to grow and learn
Why we want to know You:
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment with competing deadlines.
- Organization comes naturally. You can intelligently categorize information in a method that is intuitive to others.
- We can count on you. You consistently deliver on timelines and perform well under pressure.
- Communication comes easy. You efficiently explain projects to the other team members with strong oral and written skills.
- You are an adept problem solver capable of identifying solutions to complex problems
- You have a bachelor's in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering
- Experience in data analysis or modeling of physical systems (chemical, mechanical, combustion, manufacturing, etc.)
- Knowledgeable of thermofluid systems and chemical kinetics
- Advanced with Statistical Modeling Programming and MS Office
What you'll do in the role:
- Analyze multiple data sources (DCS, PI Historian, Application Perfomance, Field Readings, Higher Order Calculations, literature, Foundational Chemistry, etc.) in detail to identify quality trends and problem indicators using engineering fundamentals
- Look for data trends not previously identified through deep understanding of the data
- Transform data using Statistical Software/Programming Logic to identify trends that lead to actionable solutions
- Effectively generate ideas and support building tools to automate analysis processes
- Develop and deploy usable database structures for personal and public use
- Summarize and evaluate data, make conclusions and provide direction on problems identified
- Utilize predictive analytics (forecasting) to support plant operation and ensure action is taken at the appropriate time
- Ensure data integrity and model robustness through validation and experimentation
- Visualize and communicate analysis to articulate the findings
- Support engineers with developing data queries for specific problems and guide them on the approach, data acquisition, programming, and methods of analysis
- Performs other duties as needed.
Ready to take a seat at the table, feel welcomed and have a voice in solving world climate change? Send your resume now!
Work is performed in an office environment with occasional travel to OC1 (Hallam, NE)
The above statements are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the job requirements. Rather, they are intended to describe the general nature of the job. Monolith reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment