Monolith needs a Process Engineering Manager who can help change the narrative on climate change and bring hope and optimism into the conversation. Ready to help us make a difference?
Join us on the frontlines of change…
Process Engineering Managers identify process gaps that need filling, develop tactical solutions, and pull in resources to resolve it and move us forward. It is critical, valued work that requires getting your hands dirty, in the field or deep in calculations, for the greater good. Your voice will be heard in an environment that is collaborative and egalitarian and your decisions will be critical to operations and the company’s mission – create a clean future and become one of the most relevant companies in the world.
As a Process Engineering Manager at Monolith, you are responsible for the development and optimization of Monolith's carbon black manufacturing process. You will be a key leader for the technology team tasked with monitoring and improving plant operations to increase operational stability and quality production rates to help achieve the business goals of the company. You will be involved in all stages of the process, from research and development to design and manufacturing, through installation and final commissioning.
Interested in learning more?
Why you should be at Monolith:
- Inspiring work that makes a positive difference to the world
- A collaborative and diverse environment where everyone has a voice
- Competitive compensation and flexible work-life balance
- Plenty of opportunities to grow and learn
Why we want to know You:
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment with competing deadlines.
- Organization comes naturally. You can intelligently categorize information in a method that is intuitive to others.
- We can count on you. You’re a leader and enjoy team building and coaching others across the organization, all working toward a common goal.
- Communication comes easy. You efficiently explain research to the other team members with strong oral and written skills.
- You have a proven track record of leading a technology or process engineering team within the carbon black or chemical industry.
- You have a degree in chemical engineering from an accredited university, 10 years of experience in plant operations, and at least 5 years in a supervisory role
What you'll do in the role:
- Be a leader at the plant, managing process engineering projects related to Monolith’s groundbreaking, first-of-its-kind technology and having a global impact on climate change
- Manage process and production engineers while providing key mentorship for all technical team members in practical efforts around carbon black manufacturing and technology
- Lead our efforts to analyze and interpret data to identify opportunities for improvement projects, process changes, and new technologies that help achieve increased productivity, reduced product loses, improved product quality, and improved SHE performance.
- Provide daily Operations support with team of operations engineers and engage as a technical advisor in solving general plant challenges including troubleshooting equipment and process problems encountered during production and participating in root cause analysis.
- Participate and lead execution planning and strategy meetings to progress the transfer of technology from the defined learnings in Monolith to systems that are demonstrated through the Hallam operations team.
- Drive to expand our product capabilities and quality. Build our technological base by leveraging your team and the Monolith R&D teams to continuously improve.
Ready to take a seat at the table, feel welcomed and have a voice in solving world climate change? Send your resume now!
Minimal travel required. Work will be performed within an outdoor operating plant environment. The majority of time will be spent within the control room or management office, but time working within the plant will also be required.
The above statements are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the job requirements. Rather, they are intended to describe the general nature of the job. Monolith reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment