NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service…
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.
Our Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) portfolio is a powerhouse collection of consumer-first brands, supported by media industry leaders, Comcast, NBCUniversal and Sky. When you join our team, you’ll work across our dynamic portfolio including Peacock, NOW, Fandango, SkyShowtime, Showmax, and TV Everywhere, powering streaming across more than 70 countries globally. And the evolution doesn’t stop there. With unequalled scale, our teams make the most out of every opportunity to collaborate and learn from one another. We’re always looking for ways to innovate faster, accelerate our growth and consistently offer the very best in consumer experience. But most of all, we’re backed by a culture of respect. We embrace authenticity and inspire people to thrive.
- Using in-house & third-party tools, build and support the live and linear pipeline for streaming video, optimizing video encoding, packaging, and delivery
- Providing support for live events and other linear channels
- Use requirements and modeling to work with Product Owners to implement smart technology solutions ad tools delivery premium quality audio and video experiences
- Continuously learn, improve, and optimize processes and ways of working
- Manage and maintain cloud-based content delivery and services
What’s in it for you?
- Working for a well-known, globally leading Media Streaming organization
- Exposure to high-level business professionals in a variety of departments and geographic locations
- Opportunity to work and grow your career in fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
- 3+ years’ experience in software development and web technologies.
- Proficiency with Go is a must
- Experience in building real-time, large-scale, low latency distributed systems
- Familiar with CI/CD pipelines and large-scale deployment
- Deep understanding of OO Design Principles and Patterns.
- Embrace open-source technologies
- Technical experience with cloud-based technologies, specifically within architecture/infrastructure (AWS)
- Understanding of TDD, ATDD and BDD and approaches
- Understanding of containerization as it relates to Cloud (Kubernetes, Docker)
- Key understanding of technology principles and work methods (Agile, Scrum, etc.)
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Salary range: $110,000-$160,000
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726