Welcome to Peacock, the dynamic new streaming service from NBCUniversal. Here you’ll find more than a job. You’ll find a fast-paced, high-performance team of incredible colleagues that want to be at the epicenter of technology, sports, news, tv, movies and more. We work hard to connect people to what they love, each other and the world around them by creating shared experiences through… culture-defining entertainment.
As a company, we embrace the power of difference. Our team is committed to creating an organization that champions diversity and inclusivity for all by curating content and a workforce that represents the world around us. We continue to challenge ourselves and the industry by being customer-centric, data-driven creatures of innovation. At Peacock, we are determined to forge the next frontier of streaming through creativity, teamwork, and talent.
- Using in-house & third-party tools, build and support the live and linear pipeline for streaming video, optimizing video encoding, packaging, and delivery
- Providing support for live events and other linear channels
- Use requirements and modeling to work with Product Owners to implement smart technology solutions ad tools delivery premium quality audio and video experiences
- Continuously learn, improve, and optimize processes and ways of working
- Manage and maintain cloud-based content delivery and services
What’s in it for you?
- Working for a well-known, globally leading Media Streaming organization
- Exposure to high-level business professionals in a variety of departments and geographic locations
- Opportunity to work and grow your career in fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
- 3+ years’ experience in software development and web technologies.
- Experience in building real-time, large-scale, low latency distributed systems
- Familiar with CI/CD pipelines and large-scale deployment
- Deep understanding of OO Design Principles and Patterns.
- Embrace open-source technologies
- Technical experience with cloud-based technologies, specifically within architecture/infrastructure (AWS)
- Understanding of TDD, ATDD and BDD and approaches
- Understanding of containerization as it relates to Cloud (Kubernetes, Docker)
- Key understanding of technology principles and work methods (Agile, Scrum, etc.)
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website.
Salary range: $110,000-$160,000