Nexus Labs is on a mission to make blockchains useful. To do so, we are building Nexus, a Decentralized Cloud Computing Network designed to hyperscale Ethereum with computation, storage and I/O…
Nexus Labs is an early stage startup with origins from Stanford University, backed by Dragonfly Capital, Alliance, SV Angel and others. We believe in Ethereum’s values and cherish freedom, ownership, and meritocracy.
If you are an exceptional cryptographer, scientist or engineer, and are passionate about working at the bleeding edge of blockchain infrastructure, cryptography and distributed systems, we want to hear from you.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help build the core Nexus Virtual Machine (NVM), a Rust-based WASM runtime for running untrusted user code on the Nexus network, enabling the world’s first decentralized cloud applications.
We are looking for someone who understands the core principles of operating systems, untrusted code execution, resource management, and distributed systems.
As a founding engineer, you will also engage in high-level business strategy, protocol design, and will have foundational impact over the development and direction of the protocol.
- Help design and build the Nexus Protocol
- Help design and build the Nexus Virtual Machine (NVM), primarily in Rust
- Contribute extremely high-quality, well-tested and well-documented code
- Strong proficiency in Rust
- Extensive knowledge of virtual machines or blockchain node software (e.g. Ethereum, Cosmos, Substrate, Filecoin)
- Experience developing or designing distributed systems
- You are passionate about decentralized computing, including blockchain scaling, cross-chain communication, modular blockchain architectures, decentralized oracle networks, optimistic rollups and zk-rollups
- You are a self-starter, team-player, take high ownership and responsibility of your own work, and thrive in an autonomous, fast-paced, startup environment
- You own projects end-to-end, including architecture, development, monitoring, testing and project management
- You have a record demonstrating state-of-the-art innovation in distributed systems and/or virtual machines with a proven publication record or project history, potentially including but not limited to distributed data structures, novel network architectures and protocols, consensus protocols, peer-to-peer connectivity, distributed execution, distributed file systems, network optimization, graph traversals, and dynamic network analysis.
- You are familiar with the EVM, the Near VM, the Filecoin VM, the Substrate VM or CosmWasm. The NVM is heavily inspired by these projects.
- Knowledge in cryptography (threshold cryptography, distributed key generation, elliptic curves, zk-SNARKs, multi-party computation).
- Experience building on the Cosmos-SDK
- You are familiar with the technical architectures of the following great projects and can discuss them at length: Ethereum, Cosmos, StarkNet, Filecoin, Nomad, Axelar, Chainlink, Celestia, IPFS, Arbitrum, Optimism, Near, Polkadot.
What you’ll like about us
- Flexible, autonomous work environment
- Flexible location: Stanford / Palo Alto (we will help cover moving costs) and/or remote
- Token compensation, in addition to salary
Reach out directly — email@example.com
Nexus Labs focuses on Cloud Computing, Cryptocurrency, Blockchains, Blockchain / Cryptocurrency, and Web3. Their company has offices in San Francisco, Palo Alto, and Stanford. They have a small team that's between 1-10 employees. To date, Nexus Labs has raised $2M of funding; their latest round was closed on August 2022.
You can view their website at https://nexus.xyz or find them on Twitter and LinkedIn