Requisition ID: R10101766
- Category: Engineering
- Location: Linthicum, MD, USA | Baltimore, MD, USA +1 more…
- Citizenship Required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Top Secret
- Telecommute: Yes-May consider hybrid teleworking for this position
- Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
- Travel Required: No
- Relocation Assistance: Relocation assistance may be available
- Positions Available: 2
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems Sector, Payload and Ground Systems Division in Linthicum, MD is seeking a frontline manager to join our growing Remote Sensing Programs (RSP) Systems Engineering Integration and Test (SEIT) organization.
This is a dual-role manager position, balancing both the overall functional oversight and management of a group of ~10 SEIT engineers as well as performing productive work on a Space program as a lead or individual contributor. The candidate will spend ~20% of their time supporting the functional homeroom organization and ~80% of their time on technical program work. The management side involves organizational administrative duties and helping their employees' performance and career development through guidance and training. The direct program work will include SE (system engineering) and/or I&T (integration and test) technical work and/or leadership, e.g., IPT leadership (Lead or Deputy Lead and/or CAM), technical lead, and/or SE product ownership for a Space Payload or Ground system.
Specific management responsibilities include:
- Staffing (forecasting, recruiting, and retention)
- Employee Development and Training
- Career guidance
- Goal planning
- Performance evaluations
- Compensation planning
- Policy dissemination and implementation
- Communication flow-down
- Employee inclusion and engagement
- Timesheet review and approval
- Expense report review and approval
- Engineering process development and maintenance
- Development and implementation of departmental vision and strategies
- BS in STEM + 9 years of relevant experience; MS + 7 years of relevant experience; PhD + 4 years of exp
- 2 years of experience leading an engineering team
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Solid understanding of the Systems Engineering process
- Active TS clearance
- Advanced degree in engineering
- Experience leading teams in a functional, programmatic, or technical capacity
- Experience with the development of advanced sensor systems, e.g., RADAR, EO/IR, and/or Passive RF payloads
- Experience with Space Payloads and/or Space Vehicles
- Active TS/SCI
This position reports to Linthicum, MD, USA, however, this position can also be worked from Baltimore, MD, MD, USA.
Salary Range: $141,100 USD - $211,700 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions