Engineering Manager Kansas City, KS July 2023…
Our client is one of the largest and fastest growing developers and
manufacturers of carbon nanotubes for industrial applications. They are
opening a new plant in Kansas City, KS.
The Engineering Manager will be a key member of the management team as
it establishes capabilities within the country and market.
The Engineering Manager will manage all aspects of the startup from
Equipment Installation, Commissioning, And Product Qualifications.
The Engineering Manager will assist in building the technical team.
The Engineering Manager will create operational work
instructions/standard operating procedures for all manufacturing
- BS or higher degree in Engineering. (Chemical or Mechanical
- 7 + years Engineering experience in a mixing processes, combustion
or chemical batch production processes, ideally with powders such as
carbon black or fumed metal oxides.
- Must have plant startup experience and understand material (liquid,
gas, and solid) handling/conveying, mixing processes.
- Demonstrated analytical skills evaluating information carefully and
solving complex problems.
- Strong budget awareness
- Communication and interpersonal skills overseeing staff and working
with other team members.
- Detail-oriented for understanding complex systems and the ability to
pay attention to details.
- Organizational skills for tracking various budgets, employees, and
- Practical understanding of chemical, mechanical, and electrical
disciplines along with applicable environmental and regulatory
- Solid experience with good engineering practices as defined in the
- Track record of success working with Front End Engineering Design
and Engineering Procurement Construction Management firms.
- Familiarity with OSHA, the National Building Code and environmental
- Proficiency in standard software productivity suites such as
- Previous experience with environmental permitting
- Lean manufacturing, 5S, and/or Six Sigma experience and/or
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Why Is This a Great Opportunity
This is a startup with no financial risk!
The parent company has already funded them and paid for the new facility in Kansas City KS..
The Engineering Manager will manage this start up of this plant from the shell it is today, to a fully operating plant.
Once up and running this role will continue to manage engineering for the company as it grows.
Salary Type : Annual Salary
Salary Min : 140000
Salary Max : 180000
Currency Type : US Dollars