We are looking for an Engineering Manager for our Huntersville, NC facility. In this role you will be responsible for the management of the coating service engineering function, processes, planning, plant and equipment. The objective is to provide the most efficient and effective use of these resources in the short and long term interests of the company. The Engineering Manager’s activities will… support the values, vision, mission, goals, and strategies of the company.
- Train, manage, and lead engineering functions
- Communicate effectively with every level of management throughout the company, and internal and external customer
- Communicates effectively with sales, engineering, operations, outside services, and finance
- Ensure customer documentation and audit requirements are met that support ISO 9001:2015
- Ensure that proper technical documentation is received from vendors and documented in the Job Quotation Worksheet (JQW) by job via Engineering Review
- Support and maintain SharePoint record retention for all in-process jobs, completed jobs, and vendor requirements
- Supports and maintains QAIR and work instructions for jobs
- Support project management to track of project timelines to guarantee on-time completions
- Support offline programming capability for thermal and laser cells
- Drive operational excellence projects
- Participate in daily production and planning meetings
- Support shipping and receiving of customer orders
- Support annual inventory count (consumable parts and materials)
- Support accuracy for all inventory items (consumable parts, powders, materials, gases, etc.)
- Support Capital Expenditure projects (CAPEX) by researching equipment and sourcing quotations
- Ensure thermal spray and laser cladding work cells fall within state and federal safety compliance
- Support equipment maintenance/repairs, calibration of measuring equipment, outside services (contractors, electricians, fabricators, etc.)
- Assist in the selection and auditing of outside vendors
- Supervise activities and progress of outside vendors and general contractors to ensure project completion is established within agreed upon costing and scheduling
- Responsible for mediating minor IT issues with Helpdesk to resolve
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering Science or equivalent, plus minimum 8 years related experience (work experience may be considered in lieu of minimum education requirements)
- Strong mathematics foundation required
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Experience in MS Office applications
- Strong presentation skills in open forum environments
- Experience with ERP systems, preferably SAP
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Project management experience is a plus
- Effective decision making and problem solving skills
- Knowledge and experience with machining, grinding and manufacturing practices
- Knowledge and experience with thermal spray technologies
- Knowledge and experience with laser cladding and laser hardening technologies
- Ability to work with vendors, customers, and employees (vertically and horizontally)
Aside from a dynamic global culture and leading market position, we are proud to offer our employees development opportunities, competitive salary and a robust benefit program ALL available on first day of employment!
The perks and benefits of working at Oerlikon include the following:
- Comprehensive medical and prescription drug plan with low premiums, company sponsored HSA contributions and without cumbersome waiting periods to keep you going strong.
- Excellent Dental and Vision coverage.
- Employee Assistance, Financial and Wellness programs to help improve all aspects of your life journey.
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with significant company match and financial planning and education options to help you achieve your retirement goals
- Tuition reimbursement and internal education resources to satisfy your love of learning so you can continue to grow with us!
- Generous paid time off to support your physical and mental wellbeing.
- 12 paid company holidays to occasionally extend your weekends or time off.
- Flexible hours or remote work environment available for certain positions
- 100% company paid life insurance and disability insurance
- Employee Referral Bonus program because why not to bring your friends to work every day!
Team Spirit is one of our core values. Collaborating across borders, languages and cultures is key to us delivering results. Supporting our peoples growth and development is a top priority. We believe in the creative power of a team that draws strength from welcoming a broad expanse of knowledge, experience and perspectives.
Are you curious? Then release your passion to succeed and APPLY to discover how you can help us build a better world and realize how you can make a personal difference by joining our global team! Our commitment is your success!
Oerlikon is a global innovation powerhouse for surface engineering, polymer processing and additive manufacturing in key industries such as aerospace, automotive, energy, tooling and textiles. We serve as a key partner in enabling our customers to reach their targets for optimizing the performance, function and sustainability of their products and manufacturing processes.
Our solutions reduce emissions in transportation, maximize longevity and performance of tools, increase energy efficiency and advance intelligent material and sustainable polymer processing. These achievements are proven hallmarks of our global leadership.
We at Oerlikon embrace diversity. This is reflected in more than 11,800 employees, representing over 93 nationalities and our presence in more than 38 countries and 207 locations worldwide.
Oerlikon is an Equal Opportunity Employer striving to promote a diverse and inclusive workforce, and is dedicated to unbiased recruiting, hiring and employment practices. Oerlikon takes affirmative action to ensure candidates are considered without regard to their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, parental status, disability, veteran status, and any other legally protected characteristic. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here Know Your Rights.
If you are unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact us at Americas.firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. This contact information is for accessibility requests only and is not intended for inquiries about the status of applications or for third party vendors / agencies inquiries or requests.
Oerlikon will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Learn More About Oerlikon