Area Engineering Manager (Improvement Manager) page is loaded Area Engineering Manager (Improvement Manager) Apply locations Carlisle time type Full time posted on Posted Yesterday job requisition…
Want to help us bring happiness to the world? Want to join an ambitious and fast growing global biscuits and confectionery business investing heavily in iconic global brands, infrastructure and people? Then this is the place for you.
As proud bakers and chocolatiers and custodians of iconic global brands, we don’t compromise on the quality of ingredients in our products or on the people we hire. We are looking for entrepreneurial spirits who share our passion for bringing happiness to our consumers and who embody our Winning Traits.
To succeed at pladis you need to be purpose-led , resilient and positive to succeed here because we expect pace and agility , we insist on collaboration and demand accountability. If that is your thing, then pladis offers global ambition, a clear Vision and roadmap for success, challenge, and unrivalled opportunities to learn and make an impact
Click “Apply” to get started.
Why join the team?
pladis is home to iconic brands Godiva, McVitie’s and Ulker. These brands make sweet treats and savoury treats that consumers everywhere recognise and enjoy! As we start on our new journey, we will continue making the biscuits and confectionery people know and expect from these brands, and we will expand their portfolios too. Together we will build new and exciting products at pladis – new flavours, new concepts and new ways to share happiness!
Our strength is not only in our products, it is also in our people and our values. Each business that has united to form pladis are loved for their heritage and values. We will retain the honesty, integrity and trust instilled in our brands by our ground-breaking founders as we embark on the next chapter of our success.
What will this role achieve?
We have an opportunity for an Area Engineering Manager (Improvement Manager) at our Carlisle manufacturing site. This role is vital to the success of the engineering department and wider manufacturing business objectives.
You will be responsible for the future development of the maintenance function, collaborating closely with the Site Engineering Manager and being a valuable part of the engineering leadership team. Reporting into this role is the engineering planner and our engineering apprentices.
The factory is split into two operational areas, each area has an Area Engineering Manager (AEM) who deals with the day to day engineering and production agenda. This role works very closely with the AEM’s, covers for the AEM’s, streamlines and improves current working practices and processes. In short, you are there to make tomorrow a better place!
Initially, your key role is driving the sites' ambition to move away from a traditional maintenance program to an on-line Reliability Based Maintenance plan using the latest condition-based monitoring techniques.
What will be your key results?
The aim is to manufacture the company’s product to an agreed specification in an efficient and safe manner. pladis produces a variety of products to meet customer needs and therefore the daily focus for everyone needs to be on achieving the daily requirements right first time, in a safe factory environment at an improved ongoing cost.
- Delivery of the Condition Based Maintenance strategy
- Onboarding new equipment transfers
- Delivery of engineering excellence
- Managing the apprentice programme
- Scheduling (through the maintenance planner) weekly maintenance activities
- Streamlining the maintenance activities
- Maintain SAP Asset history.
- Schedule and plan long term horizon activities to feed into the budget process (1-5 yr. horizon).
- Management of the engineering departments critical metrics
- Planning and Scheduling against budget requirement.
- Help to generate and maintain compliance to DSOP’s/ Risk Assessments / Maintenance Risk Assessments / Permit to work systems
- Take personal responsibility for health, safety and environment.
- Ensure compliance with Every Day Quality processes.
- Be part of the Engineering Health and Safety team
- Maintain high standards of Hygiene and Housekeeping.
- Consider and apply sustainability, waste minimisation and Energy consumption where appropriate.
- Cover for the Area Engineering Managers when required.
- Be part of the rota to cover the role of Weekend Duty Engineering Manager
What do you need for this role?
- Proven knowledge of condition-based monitoring techniques
- SAP PM and MM knowledge
- Lean engineering knowledge
- Mechanical and Electrical comprehension skills
- Fault finding skills
- Problem solving skills
- Data analysis & interpretation skills
- Risk assessment trained
- Permit to work trained
- Full understanding of safe working practices and relevant legislation where applicable
- Accuracy/attention to detail
- Knowledge of COSHH
- Sound PC skills
- Problem solving techniques
- Influencing skills
- Experience of engineering maintenance/planning in a similar FMCG…