Plus is a global leader in autonomous trucking, with award-winning high-performance driverless technology. Named by Fast Company as one of the World’s Most Innovative Companies of 2022, Plus is the only autonomous trucking company with customers operating its product on the road today. Working with one of the largest companies in the U.S., vehicle manufacturers, and others, Plus is… making trucking safer, more fuel efficient, and more sustainable. Plus’ industry awards include from Fast Company, Insider, Consumer Electronics, AUVSI, and others. Based in Silicon Valley, Plus is looking for talented individuals to join its fast-growing teams.
- Provide software and simulation engineering support on PlusAI’s full-stack, self-driving technology for large-scale, autonomous commercial fleets.
- Devise and lead robotics simulation framework development for autonomous vehicle technology, which tests and benchmarks multiple algorithm modules including perception, motion planning, and vehicle control.
- Design and develop simulation capabilities to enable testing, prototyping, and validation of the self-driving software stack.
- Hire and manage a team of engineers to design and create test cases for multiple algorithm modules, and improve the infrastructure of the simulation framework such as simulation engine, scenario editor, and task manager.
- Utilize knowledge of machine learning (ML), robot operating system (ROS), and software development tools to collaborate with teams of different functionalities and integrate various components (perception, planning, control etc.) into a running system.
- Build scalable frameworks to run massive amounts of simulations in a cluster environment, applying knowledge of physics simulations.
- Design and develop new algorithms/models, and detect regressions and diverse conditions such as lighting, weather, road topologies, and traffic patterns.
- Review and integrate autonomous driving systems with third-party software such as TruckSim.
- Write and maintain production Python and C++ codes on and for Linux platforms. Design and employ intelligent agents for complex, realistic driving scenarios and metrics to evaluate simulation results/discrepancies between simulation and reality.
- Construct realistic vehicle dynamics models and sensor-in-the-loop and hardware-in-the-loop simulation frameworks.
- Design and implement tools to generate/edit simulation scenarios and visualization dashboards to present simulation results and statistics, using good oral and written communication skills.
- Manages 6 employees (2 Software Development Engineers, 1 Senior Software Development Engineer, 2 Software Verification and Validation Engineers, and 1 Senior Software Verification and Validation Engineer).
- Master’s degree in Computer/Software Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Robotics, or related field, and 4 years of experience as a Simulation Engineer/Manager, Software Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, or related occupation in the automotive industry.
- Must have experience with the following:
- Simulation Engineering
- Vehicle Dynamics Modeling
- Robot Operating System (ROS)
- Physics Simulations
- Machine Learning (ML)
- Motion Planning
- Python and C++
- Must have good oral and written communication skills.
- Note: Work is also performed at the company office in Fremont, CA (41320 Boyce Road, Fremont, CA 94538).
$220,000 - $250,000 a year
Exact compensation may vary based on skills and experience
Your opportunities joining Plus
Work, learn and grow in a highly future-oriented, innovative and dynamic field.
Wide range of opportunities for personal and professional development.
Catered free lunch, unlimited snacks and beverages.
Highly competitive salary and benefits package, including 401(k) plan