Center 1 (19052), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Machine Learning Development Program Associate - 2024…
Key Role Details
- Full-time new hires for this role will start as a cohort in August 2024.
- This role is a full-time associate position within a 18-month rotational program, designed as a career accelerator to foster the next generation of leading talent.
- Participation in the program requires that you are located in the continental United States with in-person attendance at your assigned location, in accordance with Capital One’s hybrid working model.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
- Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining, a Bachelors or higher with an expectation that degree will be obtained by August 2024 or earlier.
- Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining, a Bachelors or higher with an expectation that degree will be obtained by August 2024 or earlier in a technical or quantitative discipline, including computer science, computer engineering, information systems, information technology, and mathematics
- Strong analytical, quantitative, problem solving and conceptual skills
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and communication skills
- Intermediate to advanced programming skills or experience in one of more of the following areas: Python, Java, Scala
- Beginner to intermediate machine learning skills through coursework and/or hands on experience with ML tools such as: Scikit-learn, PyTorch, Dask, Spark, or TensorFlow
Machine Learning Development Program- 2024
At Capital One, we consider ourselves the bank a technology company would build. We’re delivering best-in-class innovation so that our 65 million customers - and counting - can manage their finances with ease. Our reality and vision empower our engineers to use artificial intelligence and machine learning to transform real-time data, software, and algorithms into financial clarity. That’s what sets us apart - and we want you to join our journey.
We’re all-in on the cloud and are a leader in the adoption of open source, RESTful APIs, microservices, and containers. We build our own products and release them with a speed and agility that allows us to get new customer experiences to market quickly. We’re going boldly where no bank has gone before. And, as a founder-led company, we’re inspired to make, break, do, and do good. So, let’s do something great together. Want to learn more? Check out the low-down on our high-tech -https://www.capitalone.com/tech.
As a Machine Learning Engineer in the Machine Learning Development Program, you'll be part of an Agile team dedicated to productionizing machine learning applications and systems at scale. You’ll participate in the detailed technical design, development, and implementation of machine learning applications using existing and emerging technology platforms. Working within an Agile environment, you’ll focus on machine learning architectural design, develop and review model and application code, and ensure high availability and performance of our machine learning applications. You'll have the opportunity to continuously learn and apply the latest innovations and best practices in machine learning engineering to keep Capital One at the cutting edge of technology.
What to expect:
- A challenging role where you’ll collaborate with a diverse and passionate team of talented machine learning professionals
- Mentorship and training through meetups, conferences, and tech talks to build out your skillset on various machine learning technologies and algorithms such as deep learning, responsible AI, feature engineering, model performance analysis, model serving, and deployment
- Exposure to Technology and Machine Learning executives and a diverse network
- The opportunity to rotate roles and work with a variety of tools and technologies
- Fun social and volunteer events with other new college hires
- Incredible benefits like continuing education tuition reimbursement, 401K matching, discount associate stock purchase program and more
Life at Capital One
Our associates flourish in our open culture where diversity of ideas and collective wisdom prevail. We proudly bring together associates with different perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences to challenge the status quo. We’re focused on helping associates live well—physically, financially and emotionally. When you join us, we support you and those who are most important to you, offering full coverage for spouses, domestic partners, and dependents. We’ve designed our benefits program to be flexible, comprehensive and consistent across our organization. From health and fitness centers and discounts, to training and professional development programs—and much more—you’ll discover that Capital One is committed to helping you live your best life.
We’re here to help you gain knowledge both on the job and in the classroom. Our engineers have access to continuous learning through our very own Tech College, a world-class learning hub that offers both online and in-person classes across 7 disciplines—Agile, Cloud Computing, Cyber Security, Data, Machine Learning & AI, Mobile and Software Engineering.
The minimum and maximum full-time annual salaries for this role are listed below, by location. Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within one of these locations, and refers to the amount Capital One is willing to pay at the time of this posting. Salaries for part-time roles will be prorated based upon the agreed upon number of hours to be regularly worked.
New York City:
$136,000 - $136,000 for Technology Development Program - Machine Learning
Candidates hired to work in other locations will be subject to the pay range associated with that location, and the actual annualized salary amount offered to any candidate at the time of hire will be reflected solely in the candidate’s offer letter.
This role is also eligible to earn performance based incentive compensation, which may include cash bonus(es) and/or long term incentives (LTI). Incentives could be discretionary or non discretionary depending on the plan.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website. Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC