Experienced Ruby on Rails Developer
Power Home Remodeling…
We are reinventing the home remodeling industry and to do that, we need a web application platform that supports our people, our ingenuity, and our growth.
We are seeking a full stack Ruby on Rails developer with 3+ years of experience to join our team. You will have the opportunity to work on challenging technology problems and design solutions that are lasting, sustainable and positive. You will be part of a cross-functional Scrum team and get to work alongside other top talent, including our growing team of application architects, UX designers, engineers and awesome developers. You will be empowered to make decisions and enjoy great latitude in choosing the right tools and methods for the job. As an experienced developer, you will be expected to bring your knowledge to help us build and deliver highly visible products and help grow and mentor other team members.
We are looking for candidates that want to see themselves in a learning environment that is committed to stay current with new programming languages, frameworks, and/or tools. Additionally, we are looking for a developer that enjoys working along side their peers whether it is with product specialists or the end-users. Power requires a high degree of collaboration, communication and team work to achieve our goals.
Come be part of an amazing team and see what it’s like to brag about where you work.
What we do here
At Power, our technology team builds a custom suite of products that run our entire business. We create and deploy complete solutions for marketing, sales, operations, finance and more. We even have a custom communications platform that connects everyone in the company. We use cutting edge technologies like augmented reality, computer vision, machine learning, speech recognition and processing, geospatial data and a variety of mobile platforms.
We enjoy all the benefits of a startup to move fast, ship rapidly and iterate quickly, but within an established organization that is well-funded and profitable. We get to dip our toes in many different, fascinating areas and solve unique, challenging problems that could on their own be standalone apps or companies. We’re a tech powerhouse hidden inside a remodeling company.
We value diversity of all types at Power and our team is made up of a kind, thoughtful group of people with a wide range of backgrounds. We actively try to find people with different perspectives and experiences to the ones we already have.
Power has been awarded Computerworld’s Best Places to Work in IT, Fortune Magazine’s #1 Workplace for Millennials, one of Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work, one of Inc. 5000’s Fastest Growing Private Companies, and Philadelphia Magazine Coolest Companies.
- 3+ years full stack development experience (Ruby on Rails preferred)
- Strong knowledge of agile development methodologies
- Proven track record of delivering quality work on time
- Solid communication, collaboration and mentoring skills to work with a range of colleagues from product specialists and end-users, to UX designers and other developers
- Experience incorporating automation and integration testing
- Web frontend: React, Bootstrap, GraphQL
- Languages: Ruby, Python
- Web backend: Rails, Java
- Databases: MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Team: Scrum, Git
- DevOps: Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins
- Competitive Salary- $95,000- $125,000
- Full medical, dental, life and disability insurance plans that can be tailored to your specific needs and the needs of your family
- A competitive 401(k) retirement savings program matched by Power
- All the tech you need - We'll pay for whatever hardware and software you need to work and make sure you're regularly upgraded to the latest versions
- Personal development - Personal development books, courses and conferences
- Paid parental leave - When the time comes to welcome a new member of the family, we offer paid parental leave
- Opportunities to attend 3 events per year focused on internal development and improvement
Location Remote, within 2 hours of EST or Hybrid at our HQ just outside of Philadelphia, PA.
Power Home Remodeling Group is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please submit the accommodation request to email@example.com